Dr. Gerald Charnogursky MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism2160 S 1st Ave (9608 Roberts Road, Maywood IL, 60153
Dr. Gerald Charnogursky, MD is one of the country's top rated doctors. His specialties include endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and he currently treats patients in Hickory hills, Illinois and Maywood, ...
Education and Training
Univ of Pa Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1979
Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania 1979
University of Pennsylvania Program 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Thyroid Cancer
- Vascular Disease
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism; U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Internal Medicine
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Dr. Gerald Charnogursky MD's Practice location
Maywood, IL 60153Get Direction
Dr. Gerald Charnogursky MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Charnogursky
- Singapore Battles Diabetes
Type II diabetes is usually diagnosed in adults of middle age, but can also be found in children and is often brought on by obesity. While the pancreas in type II diabetes can sometimes make insulin, it may not make enough or the body will not use what is made efficiently. With diabetes comes a lot...
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a long-term complication of diabetes that affects the eyes. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that diabetic retinopathy is responsible for 4 percent of the 45 million cases of blindness throughout the world. It is caused by a damage to the blood vessels of the...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- What Are the Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis refers to a very common, progressive condition, characterized by weak and fragile bones. The bones are so weak that even a small strain may result in fracture. The bones lose its density gradually during the early years and this stage, which is the precursor of osteoporosis, is known as...
- What to Know About the Dukan Diet
The Dukan Diet, designed by the French physician Pierre Dukan for treating people who are obese, has become very popular in other parts of the world after the publication of the book of the same name. The diet plan, which helped about 5 million French people to lose extra weight, is a phased,...
- Is Diabetes a Lifelong Condition?
For the normal functioning of our bodies, most of what we eat is broken down during digestion into glucose. Glucose is sugar that is the source of energy for our cells and organs. Glucose is transported throughout the body via the bloodstream. Insulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas,...
- Dr. Shanika P. Samarasinghe M.D.2160 S 1ST AVE MAYWOOD IL 60153
- Dr. Fadi Nabhan MD2160 S First Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Pauline Camacho MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Caroline Akuoko Poku M.D.2160 S 1ST AVE MAYWOOD IL 60153
- Dr. Aileen Westrick MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Zarina Muzaffar MD2160 S First Ave Maywood IL 60153