Dr. Peter Miller is a psychiatrist practicing in Duluth, MN. Dr. Miller is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Miller diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Miller may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Miller treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1979
University of Washington School of Medicine 1979
- Fletcher Allen Hlth Care, Psychiatry
Dr. Peter S Miller M.D.'s Practice location
Duluth, MN 55805Get Direction
Dr. Peter S Miller M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that a person develops after witnessing a very stressful and terrifying event. In most cases, the person must have faced a life-threatening event or an incident in which serious injury was involved. Events that trigger fear,...
- How Rumination Is Linked to Anxiety and Depression
What is rumination?According to various research studies, one of the important factors or causes of depression and anxiety is rumination.When people ruminate, they continually contemplate about certain problems or thoughts without end. Most of the time, individuals who are depressed have episodes of...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- Jayme A Bork Other400 E 3rd St Duluth MN 55805
- Dr. Ted Matzen M.D.11600 State Ave Brainerd MN 56401
- Dr. Margaret Saracino MD1401 E 1st St Duluth MN 55805
- Dr. Cody Clayton Lindsey M.D.220 N 6th Ave E Duluth MN 55805
- Michael Messer Other400 E 3rd St Duluth MN 55805
- Dr. Joseph James Sivak MD324 West Superior Street Duluth MN 55802