Dr. Emmanuel Okolo is an internist practicing in Jackson, MS. Dr. Okolo specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Okolo provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University of Calabar College of Medical Sciences 2004
- Kidney Stones
- Transient Ischemic Attack (tia)
- Vascular Disease
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Emmanuel Okolo MA's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Emmanuel Okolo MA | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Emmanuel Okolo MA's reviewsWrite Review
- Diagnosing Heart Palpitations
What are heart palpitations?Heart palpitations are when you start feeling your own heart beating. You will feel as if your heart is beating too fast, slow, forcefully, or irregularly. You will feel as if you missed a beat. The frequency and severity of heart palpitations will vary from one person to...
- General Practice, Family Practice, and Internal Medicine: What's the Difference?
Primary care providers, family physicians, generalists, and internists can be tricky designations to understand because these healthcare providers similarly cover a number of areas when diagnosing and treating people. However, knowing their differences can be helpful when it comes to finding the...
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity Test: What Is It?
Urine Culture and Sensitivity TestA urine culture is a laboratory test that can identify specific types of germs that cause urinary tract infections. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra. Bacteria can rapidly grow and multiply, and cause an...
- What Is Hormone Therapy?
Hormone therapy is often used to relieve menopausal symptoms. However, since estrogen plays a crucial role in maintaining bone health, hormone therapy is another treatment option for osteoporosis.How does hormone therapy work?Following menopause, your body produces less estrogen and progesterone...
- How Your Father’s Genes Can Affect Your Ovarian Cancer Risk
It is well known that inherited mutations in BRCA1/BRCA2 genes increase the risk of breast and ovarian cancers, as well as other types of cancer. An altered mutation in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene can be inherited from an individual’s mother or father. ...
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- Dr. Harriet Jones M.D2500 North State Street Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Justin M. Turner M.D.1860 Chadwick Dr Jackson MS 39204
- Mr. Haroutiun Chavarch Avedissian M.D.Olmmc, Dept. Of Medicine Bronx NY 10466
- Dr. David T Flemming MD3011 Greenfield Rd Pearl MS 39208
- Dr. Marshall J Bouldin M.D.1040 River Oaks Dr Flowood MS 39232
- Dr. Indira K Veerisetty M.D.11 Professional Parkway Ridgeland MS 39157