Dr. Jennifer Black practices Pediatric Pathology in Nashville, TN. As a pediatric pathologist, Dr. Black is skilled in the diagnosis and characterization of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of children. Pediatric pathologists gain expertise in the laboratory diagnosis of diseases that occur during fetal growth, infancy, and child development.
- Pathologic quiz case: third trimester placenta exhibiting infarction. Intraplacental choriocarcinoma.
- Pathologic quiz case. Edema and diarrhea in a 2-year-old boy. Menetrier disease with cytomegalovirus gastritis.
- Premature closure of the ductus arteriosus: variable response among monozygotic twins after in utero exposure to indomethacin.
- 15-year-old girl with metaplastic atrophic gastritis and enterochromaffin-like
- Xeroderma Pigmentosum.
- Diagnostic utility of core needle biopsy versus open wedge biopsy for pediatric intraabdominal solid tumors: Results of a prospective clinical study.
Dr. Jennifer Olivia Black M.D.'s Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
Dr. Jennifer Olivia Black M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation also called A-Fib is a condition of the heart which causes irregular heartbeats or arrhythmia. It causes abnormal vibrations in the atria chamber of the heart and also the ventricle chamber. In a healthy human heart, the...
- What to Avoid if You have Gout
For centuries, gout has been considered a disease that affected the wealthiest individuals who could afford to consume meat, seafood, and alcohol. Gout is caused by crystals of uric acid that are formed within the joints of the body, which scratch and irritate surrounding tendons and bone. Uric...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Thyroid Cancer?
Cancer of the cells in the butterfly shaped thyroid gland at the base of the neck was not a common disease in this country. However, as of late, the number of reported cases of thyroid cancer has increased over the years. These glands are very important, as they produce hormones that regulate the...
- Is Ovarian Cancer Terminal?
Let’s answer the question first: It depends on the stage of the disease. There are four stages of ovarian cancer, and the third and fourth are the most dangerous. The bad thing is that most cases of ovarian cancer are diagnosed in the later stages of the disease, when little can be done to save...
- Are there any Alternative Remedies for the Treatment of Mumps?
What are the best remedies for fever and pain when you have the mumps?Mumps is a viral infection which causes pain and swelling in the throat and neck. It is common in children and youngsters.As the treatment for mumps, traditionally decoctions of healing herbs were recommended for little children....
- Hyperthyroidism vs. Hypothyroidism
The human body is remarkably complex and involves a synergy of numerous body organs to function properly. Among the little-known organs is the thyroid, found just below the Adam’s apple. It is tiny but it plays a major role in the body. Its function is to synthesize iodine to produce thyroxine...