Dr. David Alan Sass MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology216 N Broad St Feinstein Building, Philadelphia PA, 19102
Dr. David Sass is a gastroenterologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Sass specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Sass performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
University of Cape Town / Faculty of Health Sciences 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Anticholinergic toxicity associated with lupine seeds as a home remedy for diabetes mellitus.
- Influence of estrogen deficiency and replacement on T-cell populations in rat lymphoid tissues and organs.
- Transfusion-associated falciparum malaria successfully treated with red blood cell exchange transfusion.
- Staple impaction in cervical esophagus.
- Fulminant hepatic failure.
- Fulminant hepatic failure.
- Hepatic hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia.
- The ACE gene I/D polymorphism does not affect the susceptibility to or prognosis of PBC.
- Bleeding rectal varices: trouble upstream?
- Care of the cirrhotic patient. Preface.
- Education and imaging. Hepatobiliary and pancreatic: Budd-Chiari syndrome presenting as a caudate lobe pseudotumor.
- Liver disease in pregnancy.
- The impact of biopsychosocial factors on quality of life: women with primary biliary cirrhosis on waiting list and post liver transplantation.
- Hepatology update: current management and new therapies.
- Acute autoimmune hepatitis presenting with peripheral blood eosinophilia.
Dr. David Alan Sass MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19102Get Direction
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19107Get Direction
Dr. David Alan Sass MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sass
- A Link Between Celiac Disease and Infertility
A confusing connection – celiac disease and infertilityHere are some stories about moms who experienced infertility linked to celiac disease.Lindsey Reimer became pregnant in 2013, however, in 2010 she was diagnosed with celiac disease. Seventeen weeks after becoming pregnant, she lost her baby...
- Why Going Gluten-Free Is the Next Step for Peripheral Neuropathy
Few disease are more difficult to treat than those related to the brain and nerves. Since it is the body’s control center, having diseases caused by malfunctions in the brain can have multiple effects on the body. Not only are doctors trying to cure or control the root cause, relief for multiple...
- Home Remedies to Treat Jaundice
Jaundice refers to a yellowish discoloration that affects the skin and the white parts of the eyes. This occurs when bilirubin levels rise in the patient’s bloodstream. A slight elevation in the levels of bilirubin makes the skin turn yellow. Jaundice can be classified as obstructive,...
- Best Home Remedies for Heartburn
Heartburn is usually triggered when stomach acid travels up toward the esophagus and cause a burning feeling in your throat or chest. It can be a very unpleasant feeling, but there are natural home remedies that can help relieve it aside from taking over-the-counter medications. However, it's time...
- What Causes Gastroenteritis?
Bacterial gastroenteritis is brought about by bacteria that cause an infection in the gut. This can lead to the inflammation of the stomach and the intestines. In addition, a person suffering from gastroenteritis can experience the following symptoms:...
- Running for Celiac Disease
High School Students Plan 5K to Raise Awareness Towards Life-Changing DiseaseRunning is a fantastic way to stay healthy. It can also be a great way to give back to the community. Charity runs are a popular and many organizations are using them as a way to raise money and awareness for their cause....
- Dr. Matthew R. Astroff M.D.325 Central Avenue Malvern Pennsylvania 19355
- Dr. Steven M. Greenfield M.D.132 S 10th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Monica Awsare MD693 Main St Lumberton NJ 08048
- Dr. Louis T Broad MD132 S 10th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Steven C Leskowitz M.D.1095 RYDAL RD RYDAL PA 19046
- Dr. Stuart M Lubinski M.D.1095 RYDAL RD RYDAL PA 19046