Dr. Garey Noritz MD
Neurologist (Pediatric) | Neurodevelopmental Disabilities555 S 18th St Columbus OH, 43205
Dr. Garey Noritz is a child neurologist practicing in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Noritz specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children from birth to young adulthood. With combined understanding of childhood illness and the special needs of each individual child and their family, Dr. Noritz is able to help each patient improve the status of their health. Conditions such as seizures, delayed speech, weakness or frequent headaches are treated by child neurologists.
Education and Training
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Cerebral Palsy
- Learning Disabilities
- Birth Defects
- Case Western Res U/Metrohlth Mc
- MetroHealth Medical Center Program
Dr. Garey Noritz MD's Practice location
Columbus, OH 43205Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43205Get Direction
Dr. Garey Noritz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Noritz
- Study Discovers Fatality Predictors in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
A recent study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association has demonstrated that high cardiac biomarkers, coupled with low BMI and a poor respiratory profile are important risk factors that could put Duchenne muscular dystrophy patients at risk of premature death.Duchenne muscular...
- How Some Muscular Dystrophy Patients Live Life to the Fullest
Muscular Dystrophy (MD) is a group of genetic disorders that cause the muscles of the body to weaken and fail over time. There are different types of MD that are all characterized by gene mutations, and each type affects patients differently and in different areas of the body, as well as at...
- Was the Backlash Justified? 60 Minutes Portrayal of Max Whelan, a 12-Year-Old Boy with Severe Non-Verbal Autism
12-year-old Max Whelan has severe non-verbal autism and an undiagnosed intellectual disability, which makes him prone to unpredictable violent behavior and destructive meltdowns. “He is unpredictable. One minute he will be aggressive, hitting and punching anything he can reach, and the next he...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Helping Muscular Dystrophy Patients with Oedema-Fibrosis
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a genetic muscular disorder that targets the muscles and causes them to degenerate and weaken. Statistically, around 15,000 males are affected by the condition in the U.S. alone and approximately 300,000 around the world . The most common and severe form of a...
- Infant Botulism: Causes and Treatment
What is infant botulism?Infant botulism is a serious illness in babies when they ingest Clostridium botulinum, a type of bacteria that produce harmful toxins in the body. The illness causes breathing problems and muscle weakness. However, this condition is quite rare. Each year, less than 100 infant...
- Dr. Christine Ann Schmerge M.D.700 CHILDRENS DR COLUMBUS OH 43205
- Dr. Chang-yong Tsao MD700 CHILDRENS DR COLUMBUS OH 43205
- Dr. Melissa Lynn Skaug MD700 CHILDRENS DR COLUMBUS OH 43205
- Dr. Wendelin A Burdo hartman MD700 CHILDRENS DR COLUMBUS OH 43205
- Dr. Rukshana Ahmed M.D.700 CHILDRENS DR COLUMBUS OH 43205
- Dr. Benedicta G Enrile MD555 S 18th St Columbus OH 43205