Dr. Simon C Hillier M.D.
Anesthesiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Anesthesiology1 Medical Center Dr Dhmc Dept Of Anesthe Lebanon NH, 03756
Dr. Simon Hillier practices Pediatric Anesthesiology in Lebanon, NH. As a pediatric anesthesiologist, Dr. Hillier treats children who have experienced an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery or a procedure. Pediatric anesthesiologists are qualified to evaluate complex problems and plan a safe anesthetic for each child. Through special training and experience, pediatric anesthesiologists provide the safest care for infants and children undergoing anesthesia.
Education and Training
Univ of Manchester, Fac of Med, Manchester (- Prior /) 1981
University of Manchester School of Medicine 1981
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Perioperative fluid and transfusion management.
- Early extubation of the trachea after repair of secundum-type atrial septal defects in children.
- Neonatal anesthesia.
- Recent advances in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
- Use of sildenafil to facilitate weaning from inhaled nitric oxide in children with pulmonary hypertension following surgery for congenital heart disease.
- Scaled cortical impact in immature swine: effect of age and gender on lesion volume.
- Anterior fontanel pressure and visual evoked potentials in neonates and infants undergoing profound hypothermic circulatory arrest.
- Neuron-specific enolase, but not S100B or myelin basic protein, increases in peripheral blood corresponding to lesion volume after cortical impact in piglets.
- Increased cerebral and decreased femoral artery blood flow velocities during direct laryngoscopy and tracheal intubation.
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunting (TIPS) for treatment of severe hepatic veno-occlusive disease.
Dr. Simon C Hillier M.D.'s Practice location
Lebanon, NH 03756Get Direction
Dr. Simon C Hillier M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hillier
- What to Expect During Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
What does CBT involve?The CBT sessionsThere are individual and group sessions. Some sessions are on hand books or even computer programs. Nowadays, you can connect to a therapist online.If you opt for individual CBT:...
- What Is Oolong Tea? Health Benefits of Oolong Tea
Oolong tea is one of the best natural remedies that can help in easing a number of health issues, which include cardiac or heart problems, conditions related to inflammatory diseases, high levels of cholesterol, and much more.Oolong tea contains various antioxidants that help promote better bone...
- The Benefits of a Massage for People With Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia causes pain throughout the body. It also causes tenderness in joints, muscles, tendons and other soft tissues. Although there is no cure for fibromyalgia, pain can be managed.Massage is considered effective and beneficial in managing pain caused by fibromyalgia.About 5 million Americans...
- Can Probiotics Help Your Upset Stomach?
Probiotics are microorganisms that are helpful to improve the digestive system. Probiotics are typically found in different foods and supplements. These microorganisms maintain the balance of the microbial flora in the intestines. It promotes the growth of good bacteria, and inhibits the growth of...
- Military Diet Results: Before and After
What is the military diet?The 3-day military diet is a plan that is intended to help you lose weight very quickly. It promises to help you shed ten pounds a single week, and is also not as limited as other diet plans. The diet goes by several names, such as the navy diet, ice cream diet, and army...
- For Children with Crohn's, New Approach Is Safer than Steroids, Study Finds
Steroids are the standard of therapy when treating Crohn’s flares. Unfortunately, steroids also come with many nasty side effects. For example, bone demineralization and slow growth are just some of the side effects of steroids that are especially concerning for a growing child. Corticosteroids...