Dr. Simon C Hillier M.D.
Anesthesiologist | Pediatric Anesthesiology1 Medical Center Dr Dhmc Dept Of Anesthe Lebanon NH, 03756
Dr. Simon Hillier practices Pediatric Anesthesiology in Lebanon, NH. As a pediatric anesthesiologist, Dr. Hillier treats children who have experienced an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery or a procedure. Pediatric anesthesiologists are qualified to evaluate complex problems and plan a safe anesthetic for each child. Through special training and experience, pediatric anesthesiologists provide the safest care for infants and children undergoing anesthesia.
Education and Training
Univ of Manchester, Fac of Med, Manchester (- Prior /) 1981
University of Manchester School of Medicine 1981
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Perioperative fluid and transfusion management.
- Early extubation of the trachea after repair of secundum-type atrial septal defects in children.
- Neonatal anesthesia.
- Recent advances in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
- Use of sildenafil to facilitate weaning from inhaled nitric oxide in children with pulmonary hypertension following surgery for congenital heart disease.
- Scaled cortical impact in immature swine: effect of age and gender on lesion volume.
- Anterior fontanel pressure and visual evoked potentials in neonates and infants undergoing profound hypothermic circulatory arrest.
- Neuron-specific enolase, but not S100B or myelin basic protein, increases in peripheral blood corresponding to lesion volume after cortical impact in piglets.
- Increased cerebral and decreased femoral artery blood flow velocities during direct laryngoscopy and tracheal intubation.
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunting (TIPS) for treatment of severe hepatic veno-occlusive disease.
- MANCHESTER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Dr. Simon C Hillier M.D.'s Practice location
Lebanon, NH 03756Get Direction
Dr. Simon C Hillier M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hillier
- Risk Factors for Osteoporosis
Risk Factors for OsteoporosisFixed risk factors are responsible for an individual’s vulnerability to osteoporosis. Unlike adaptable risks, they are factors that aren’t adjustable, including family history, age, and gender. People might also experience secondary factors that increase their...
- Is Dengue Fever Contagious?
Dengue fever is not contagious, and it cannot be spread from human to human or from animal to human by direct contact. It is not an airborne disease that infects you by inhaling polluted air. It is not a water-borne disease that can infect you by drinking contaminated water....
- Understanding Brain Inflammation in Fibromyalgia Patients
Fibromyalgia (FM) is a common and complex chronic pain disorder that causes widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may occur in specific tender or trigger points or body wide. Symptoms of fibromyalgia are widespread and run the gamut of intensity. Symptoms like fatigue, sleep disturbances,...
- Are Dentures the Solution to Your Dental Problems?
What are dentures?A denture is a device prepared by laboratory technicians in order to replace missing teeth. Dentures are a good option for patients without any teeth, or for patients with some missing teeth who want to have a beautiful smile again. Dentures are not only meant for cosmetic...
- Is Vaginal Discharge Normal?
Vaginal discharge is a whitish fluid containing dead cells and bacteria from the vagina. This discharge protects the vagina from infections and keeps it clean. Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal in all women, and often varies in consistency and color. It may range from clear a fluid to...
- Breastfeeding Led to Discovery of Breast Cancer. It Saved Her Life
Hillary Karels and her fiancé, Dahlton, began dating back in 2011 on New Year’s Eve. Seven months later, they learned that they were expected their first child. On July 2nd of 2013, Karels gave birth to a baby boy, which the couple named Jackson. Although they did not expect to become parents so...