Dr. Michael Levitas is a pediatrician practicing in Cumberland, MD. Dr. Levitas is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Levitas diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Levitas can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1986
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1986
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Strep Throat
- St Christophers Hosp Chldn, Pediatrics
- St Christopher's Hospital for Children Program
Dr. Michael Levitas M.D.'s Practice location
Cumberland, MD 21502Get Direction
Dr. Michael Levitas M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Levitas
- How to Protect Children with Autism from Being Bullied
Introduction to BullyingIt is an unfortunate fact that children have a tendency to find weaknesses and differences in their peers and latch onto it, emotionally or physically hurting the other child in the process. When performed on purpose and repeatedly this is bullying, and is a serious problem....
- How Does Chicken Pox Spread?
Chicken pox is an infectious disease which affects mostly children under the age of 15, but it can even affect adults. Given the number of infections per year, it is like a rite of passage for every growing child.Symptoms of chicken pox The symptoms of chicken pox include:...
- The Rotavirus Vaccination is Not Associated With Intestinal Disorders
Many doctors still dread to recommend rotavirus vaccination thinking that it may increase the chances of bowel blockage, known as intussusceptions, in children. Many studies have shown that vaccination can considerably reduce the number of hospitalizations due to severe diarrhea in infants. One of...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- What Is Chickenpox?
The causing factor of chickenpox and the ways of transmissionThe causing agent is a virus called varicella-zoster, which is an airborne and really contagious germ. It can be spread while coughing and sneezing, with little droplets of the mucus thrown from the nose and throat. Another way of catching...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Dr. Celestino Monzon Menchavez MD902 Seton Dr Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Byron A Haworth D.O.500 Greene St Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Susan M Nuber M.D.500 Greene St Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Rosario Gonzaga MD957 National Hwy Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Debra B Hurtt M.D.500 Greene St Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Bilal Itani MD233 S Mineral St Keyser WV 26726