Dr. Alan Russell Koslow M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery974 73rd St Des Moines IA, 50312
Vascular & General Surgeon. Busy practice, Operative & Interventional Vascular. Quick written review of cases. Faculty background. Extensive publications. PI on multiple clinical studies. General Trau ...
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1978
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Vascular Surgery; Umdnj-Univ Hosp, General Surgery; Stanford Univ Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Alan Russell Koslow M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Alan Russell Koslow M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Koslow
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Decubitus Ulcers or Pressure Ulcers: What Are They?
Decubitus ulcers or pressure ulcers, more commonly known as bedsores, are open wounds on your skin due to the prolonged pressure applied to the area. These ulcers occur mostly over the bony prominences such as the hips, tailbone, ankle, and heels. Bedsores are a frequent condition experienced by...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- How are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
Blood from body organs is transported to the heart via blood vessels, or veins. Organs use oxygen to function, and they discharge blood that has been used that contains waste products like carbon dioxide. The veins then take the blood to the heart and back to the lungs, where the carbon dioxide is...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- Dr. Douglas W Massop M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Laurie M Kuestner M.D.5880 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Eric Scott MD5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Matthew Lawrence White M.D.5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. Cass Franklin M.D.1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. John Alan Stern M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314