Dr. Guido Leon is a cardiologist practicing in Las Cruces, NM. Dr. Leon specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Leon also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ Nacl Auto De Mexico, Fac De Med, Mexico Df, Mexico 1973
National Autonomous University of Mexico / Faculty of Medicine 1973
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Of Nm Sch Of Med, Cardiovascular Diseases; Palmetto Richland Mem Hosp, Internal Medicine; Miami Valley Hosp, Internal Medicine; Lutheran Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Main Tchg Hosp/Miami Valley
Guido Leon MD's Practice location
Las Cruces, NM 88011Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Guido Leon MD | Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Guido Leon MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Leon
- Taurine Reduces the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Women
For women with high cholesterol, incorporating taurine into the diet can reduce the risk of heart diseases.According to the European Journal of Nutrition, it is revealed that taurine, the amino acid found in high amounts in poultry, meat, and in other food products, is highly useful and works as a...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- What Are the Warning Signs of Hypertensive Crisis?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a chronic condition that may lead to other complications, including organ damage, gradually over a period of time. The blood pressure may become very high and severe all of a sudden resulting in a condition referred to as hypertensive crisis. Hypertensive...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Stress Can Directly Affect a Woman's Heart
Results of a study presented in the Experimental Biology 2012 meeting in San Diego showed that coping with mental stress is harder on a woman's heart, when compared to that of men. Researcher Chester Ray, PhD, professor of medicine, and cellular and molecular physiology at Penn State's College of...
- Franklin Lee Murphy4351 East Lohman Avenue Las Cruces New Mexico 88011
- Elizabeth O. Palmer MD715 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Ne Albuquerque NM 87102
- Kent L Richards MD2405 S Telshor Blvd Las Cruces NM 88011
- Faisal Zaeem M.D.263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Shariq Shamim M.D.4401 Wornall Rd Kansas City MO 64111
- Axel Zagler-luna MD4351 E Lohman Ave Las Cruces NM 88011