Dr. William G. Perkins M.D.
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology17100 Euclid St. Picu Fountain Valley CA, 92708
Dr. William Perkins practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Fountain Valley, CA. Dr. Perkins treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1974
University of Wales in Great Britain 1974
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Member MemorialCare Physician Society
- Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Pulmonary Diseases Univ Of Ks Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- University of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. William G. Perkins M.D.'s Practice location
Fountain Valley, CA 92708Get Direction
Dr. William G. Perkins M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Perkins
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- The History of Cystic Fibrosis
What is cystic fibrosis?It is a genetic disease that affects both young children and adults. It mainly affects the lungs and the digestive system. When a child inherits two copies of the genes responsible for cystic fibrosis, the child develops the disease.The complications associated with the...
- Croup vs. RSV: How Are They Different?
Childhood illnesses are very common and can strike at any moment. Croup and RSV are among the most common illnesses that can harm children.CroupCroup is a mild condition, usually nothing to worry about, but it can be scary for parents to witness. This common childhood illness often occurs during the...
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- Dr. Eliezer Nussbaum M.D.2801 Atlantic Ave Long Beach CA 90806
- Dr. Anchalee Yuengsrigul M.D.455 S Main St Orange CA 92868
- Dr. Inderpal Singh Randhawa M.D.2801 Atlantic Ave Long Beach CA 90806
- Dr. Zach Reda M.D.17100 Euclid St. Fountain Valley CA 92708
- Dr. Chuanpit Moser M.D.2801 Atlantic Ave Long Beach CA 90806
- Dr. Bruce Greenwood Nickerson MD455 S Main St Orange CA 92868