Dr. Smith L Johnston M.D.
Aerospace Medicine Specialist | Aerospace Medicine2101 Nasa Pkwy Mail Code Sd26 Houston TX, 77058
Dr. Smith Johnston is an aerospace medicine specialist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Johnston provides primary care services for professionals like pilots and crewmembers who work and travel in the air or space. As an aerospace medicine specialist, Dr. Johnston discovers, manages and prevents health issues that result from traveling in extreme environments. These physicians are particularly trained in diseases that may arise from air travel, and work to keep airmen healthy and safe.
Education and Training
Emory University School Of Medicine 1981
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Nonoperative treatment of suspected appendicitis in remote medical care environments: implications for future spaceflight medical care.
- Emergencies in space.
- Risk of herniated nucleus pulposus among U.S. astronauts.
- Visual stability of laser vision correction in an astronaut on a Soyuz mission to the International Space Station.
- Wright State Univ Sch Of Med, Aerospace Medicine Wright State Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Smith L Johnston M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77058Get Direction
Dr. Smith L Johnston M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Johnston
- Home Remedies for Swollen Tonsils
Why are my tonsils swollen?The human body is a marvelous creation--a true work of art. It has the infrastructure to keep itself safe from harmful bacteria and viruses, and it has the ability to heal itself. One of these infrastructures is the tonsils. These are lymph nodes located at the back of the...
- Lactose Intolerance vs. IBS
OverviewIrritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a gastrointestinal (GI) disorder that can be mistaken for lactose intolerance and other digestive issues. Know the differences between these disorders to find relief and effective treatment. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) has a variety of potential causes....
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Repetitive and Self-Injurious Behaviors
Autism disordersPatients who are diagnosed with autism have certain challenges, such as having difficulty in learning language, as well as communication, and an incapability of understanding body language and expressions. They are uncomfortable in new social surroundings and with social behavior, in...
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Forecasts Inferior Long-Term Diabetes Management
Recognizing early signs of type 1 diabetes is crucial in the early prevention of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA). Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is a very serious condition that leads to diabetic coma or even leads to death. A recent research published online was carried out by Lindsey M Duca, PhD, at...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Market Projected to Skyrocket
Rheumatoid arthritis is the most common form of autoimmune arthritis. It is estimated to affect around 5 million people, and anyone can develop the disease; but it is most common among women in their middle age- although men, children, and young adults can also get it. Genes, environment, and...
- Reduce the Risk of Osteoporosis
Diets for OsteoporosisThe type of food you eat has a significant impact on your bones. Being informed of the foods that are highly enriched in calcium and vitamin D will always help you in making healthy food choices.If you take a well-balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, dairy, and fish,...
- Dr. Yael Rachel Barr MD, MPH1290 Hercules Ave Houston TX 77058
- Dr. Terrance Taddeo M.D.2101 Nasa Pkwy Houston TX 77058
- Dr. Donald Sprague M.D.3 Professional Park Dr Webster TX 77598
- Dr. James David Polk DOJohnson Space Center- Nasa Flight Medicine Clinic Houston TX 77058
- Dr. Lee Miller Morin MD PHD2101 Nasa Pkwy Houston TX 77058
- Dr. William Edward Powers M.D.National Aeronautics And Space Administration Houston TX 77058