Dr. Maurice William Dysken M.D.
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry1 Veterans Dr Minneapolis MN, 55417
Dr. Maurice Dysken is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Dysken specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Dysken helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Distribution of peripheral lymphocytes in Alzheimer patients and controls.
- Neuropsychological performance in obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- The Symptom Checklist-90: Obsessive-Compulsive Subscale: A reliability and validity study.
- Haloperidol decanoate pharmacokinetics in red blood cells and plasma.
- Recidivism in medication-noncompliant serious juvenile offenders with bipolar disorder.
- The effect of tau genotype on clinical features in FTDP-17.
- Haloperidol and reduced haloperidol in saliva and blood.
- Platelet 3H-imipramine binding sites in obsessive-compulsive behavior.
- Where the brain grows old: decline in anterior cingulate and medial prefrontal function with normal aging.
- Changes in vitamin E prescribing for Alzheimer patients.
- Potential antidopaminergic effects of serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
- Test of dopamine-blocking potential of clomipramine.
- Fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography of mild cognitive impairment with clinical follow-up at 3 years.
- Are all commonly prescribed antipsychotics associated with greater mortality in elderly male veterans with dementia?
Dr. Maurice William Dysken M.D.'s Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55417Get Direction
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Dr. Timothy Louis Gendron MD5625 Cenex Dr Mail Stop 33100a Inver Grove Heights MN 55077
- Dr. Gloria J. Tong MD480 OSBORNE RD NE STE 260 FRIDLEY MN 55432
- Dr. Rebecca C Rossom M.D.401 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul MN 55130
- Dr. Scott Lawrence Mcnairy MDOne Veterans Drive Minneapolis MN 55417
- Dr. Sonia Yovtcheva MDOne Veterans Drive (116a) Minneapolis MN 55417
- Dr. Signe Dysken M.D.4500 Park Glen Rd Minneapolis MN 55416