Dr. David Rees is an Addiction Psychiatrist practicing in Lafayette, LA. Dr. Rees evaluates, diagnoses, and treats people who suffer from impulse control conditions related to addiction. As an Addiction Psychiatrist, Dr. Rees is a substance abuse expert, and is trained to fully understand the biological science behind addiction, in order to properly treat each patient.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 1961
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1961
- Molecules and morphology: evidence for cryptic hybridization in African Hyalomma (Acari: Ixodidae).
- The utility of biological monitoring for manganese in ferroalloy smelter workers in South Africa.
- The nervous system effects of occupational exposure on workers in a South African manganese smelter.
- Cryptic intercontinental colonization in water fleas Daphnia pulicaria inferred from phylogenetic analysis of mitochondrial DNA variation.
- Amphipod genome sizes: first estimates for Arctic species reveal genomic giants.
- Large genomes among caridean shrimp.
- Novel proteins identified in the insoluble byssal matrix of the freshwater zebra mussel.
- Spatial distribution of proteins in the quagga mussel adhesive apparatus.
- Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Psychiatry; Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Med Center La New Orleans Lsu
Dr. David J Rees MD's Practice location
Lafayette, LA 70506Get Direction
Dr. David J Rees MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Does Flakka Induce Psychosis?
In the world of drugs, there is always a struggle to create better and more potent drugs. For the sellers, the motive is clear--to beat their competition by producing superior quality drugs. On the other hand, most users prefer designer drugs because they are often more potent, have fewer side...
- Flakka in the News
Drugs have been around for many years, changing the conscience of people for a long time. Some drugs that are forbidden today had been legal in some period of our history, and even considered a medicine. But when scientists concluded that certain drugs do more harm than good, lawmakers made them...
- Porn Addiction and Erectile Dysfunction: A Complete Guide
Introduction In porn addiction, a person loses control over his or her own sexual behavior. Despite the consequences, porn addicts still compulsively use pornography. The consequences include:...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- How Addictive Is Flakka?
What are the ingredients in flakka/bath salts?Flakka is the latest synthesized drug which is very comparable to bath salts as both of them have a reputation to develop erratic and violent behaviors from people who ingest them. Flakka can be smoked, snorted, swallowed or injected. It could also be...
- Is Gastroenteritis Related to Drug Withdrawal?
The symptoms accompanying drug withdrawal can be psychological or physical, changing your thoughts, feelings, and actions. For instance, drugs like cocaine and heroin trigger strong physical dependence. For other chemical substances, dependencies are more likely to cause psychological problems....