Dr. Frank Helm, DMD is one of the best rated doctors in the United States. He specializes in dentistry and orthodontics and currently sees patients in Oakland, California. Dr. Helm graduated with a medical ...
Dr. Frank Raymond Helm D.M.D.'s Practice location
Oakland, CA 94610Get Direction
Dr. Frank Raymond Helm D.M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Helm
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- Dr. Eric Kuo DDS2001 Union St San Francisco CA 94123
- Reginald Griggs DDS20265 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546
- Dr. John Christenson Budd DDS, MS4444 N 32nd St Phoenix AZ 85018
- Jeffrey Nichelini DDS707 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Robert M. Cuenin D.D.S.300 El Cerro Blvd Danville CA 94526
- Dr. Jetson Scott Lee D.D.S., M.S.D.380 20th Ave San Francisco CA 94121