Dr. Dexter W Walcott M.D.
Allergist and Immunologist1513 Lakeland Dr. Suite 101 Jackson MS, 39216
Dr. Dexter Walcott practices Allergy and Immunology care in Jackson, MS. Dr. Walcott specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Walcott provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Univ of Ms Sch of Med, Jackson Ms 1982
University of Mississippi School of Medicine 1977
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Food Allergies
- Lsu Hlth Sci Ctr-Univ Hosp, Allergy And Immunology; University Hosp, Pediatrics
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Dr. Dexter W Walcott M.D.'s Practice location
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Dexter W Walcott M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Walcott
- Pathogens that Cause Pneumonia
The pathogens involved in pneumonia are bacteria, virus, fungus, rare parasites, and other microorganisms. Virus is the most common cause of pneumonia among babies and children. Adults with weak immune systems are vulnerable to bacterial pneumonia.Pneumonia Causing pathogens:The pathogens that cause...
- Allergic Bronchitis
What is allergic bronchitis?Bronchitis is an inflammation of the inner lining of the bronchial tubes usually due to a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. Bronchitis itself can be acute when the signs and symptoms last no longer than 10 days, and chronic when the signs and symptoms tend...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- What Is Loratadine: Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
Generic Name: LoratadineBrand Name(s): Alavert, Tavist ND, Dimetapp ND, Claritin RediTabsWhat is loratadine?Loratadine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine, which is a chemical released by mast cells in response to an allergen. When histamine is released, it causes symptoms of...
- Can Certain Diets Alleviate the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
There have been speculations about the positive effects of diet on alleviating the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. Although doctors and researchers have yet to come up with sufficient evidence to prove the validity of this claim. However, a well-balanced diet is nonetheless essential to MS sufferers...
- Dr. Gailen Daugherty Marshall MD878 LAKELAND DR JACKSON MS 39216
- Dr. Stephen F Kemp MD878 LAKELAND DR JACKSON MS 39216
- Mr. Daniel L Venarske M.D1513 Lakeland Dr. Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Joshua F Phillips M.D.1513 Lakeland Dr. , Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Todd N Adkins M.D.1513 Lakeland Dr. Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Linda Gesina Tanaka MD5903 RIDGEWOOD RD STE 430 JACKSON MS 39211