Dr. David Quintero, DMD, MS
Dentist2098 Teron Trce Suite 600 Dacula GA, 30019
Dr. David Quintero is a Dentist practicing in Dacula, GA. Doctor of Medical Dentistry with a specialty in Periodontics and a Masters in Oral Biology, he specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Active duty U.S. Naval Officer for 11 years, including deployment to the Middle East and Mediterranean, and holding positions including Dental Department Head (USS BATAAN), COVID-19 Response Officer, and Deputy Director for Dental Specialists (U.S. Naval Hospital - Yokosuka, Japan); and current Navy Reservist. Accomplished professional who demonstrates strong leadership, management, academics, philanthropy, and proficient skills in surgery, trauma, and medical emergencies. Significant global experience through dental public health in underserved areas including Venezuela, Peru, Jamaica, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Bulgaria, Japan, Korea, Diego Garcia, Singapore, and the United States.
Education and Training
THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA BBA 2006
THE DENTAL COLLEGE OF GEORGIA DMD 2010
US NAVY SEWELLS POINT CLINIC AEGD 2011
UNIFORMED SERVICES UNIVERSITY MS 2016
WALTER REED NAVY DENTAL SCHOOL Periodontal Certificate 2016
American Board of Oral Implantology
American Board of Periodontology
Dr. David Quintero, DMD, MS's Expert Contributions
The recommendation is anything except carbonated beverages and alcohol. Acidic drinks like orange juice can make it bur a bit but will not damage anything. READ MORE
Fluoride-based toothpaste is ideal. I would recommend Crest Gum Detoxify or Parodontax. READ MORE
The recommendation for flossing is once per day. Just like natural teeth a bridge can collect bacteria around it and needs to be cleaned. READ MORE
This is a case-by-case situation. A proper diagnosis must be made to determine if it is periodontal disease, trauma, pathology, an allergic reaction, etc. please visit a periodontist for a consultation. READ MORE
Most often the initial healing, swelling and discomfort dissipates by 3 weeks. Full bone integrations and maturation take 4-6 months. www.QuinteroPerio.com READ MORE
Yea, with proper brushing, flowing, and use of a mouth rinse like Listerine, gingivitis can resolve in 7 days as long as no tarter under your gums is present. www.QuinteroPerio.com READ MORE
A fever after a dental surgery is abnormal. If could indicate you have an infection or a disease before the surgery took place and is now manifesting. www.QuinteroPerio.com READ MORE
Typically 3 weeks is a safe zone. Preferably stay away from super hard foods like hard candy, almonds, etc when the metal peg (healing abutment) is showing. That can be 4 months or a couple of weeks depending on when your surgeon puts it on the implant. READ MORE
Yes! As with anything in life, situations differ and more than 4 may be required to complete the treatment that you need. 4 implants though can be utilized to support an upper or lower set of teeth for a "smile in a day" like treatment. www.QuinteroPerio.com READ MORE
Bleeding gums are usually caused by gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) or periodontitis (inflammation of the gums and bone loss). Treatments can vary from a deep cleaning to periodontal surgery (Laser surgery - LANAP or conventional bone recontouring surgery) to enhanced home hygiene with proper brushing and flossing. Please see your local periodontist for and evaluation. www.QuinteroPerio.com READ MORE
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- America’s Best Doctor 2022 Top Docs
- University of Georgia Terry College of Business Military in the Spotlight 2021 University of Georgia
- Navy Shipmate in the Spotlight 2020 US Navy
- 40 Under 40 2020 University of Georgia
- Navy Surgeon General’s Health Promotion & Wellness Blue H Award 2019 US Navy
- Defense Health Agency Advancement Towards High Reliability in Health Care Awards 2018 US Navy
- Navy Surgeon General’s Health Promotion & Wellness Blue H Award 2018 US Navy
- ICOI Young Implantologists 2018 International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Navy Surgeon General’s Health Promotion & Wellness Blue H Award 2017 US Navy
- Force Commander Health Promotion Unit Award 2012 US Navy
- Meritorious Service Medal 2020 US Navy
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal 2020 US Navy
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal 2013 US Navy
- Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation Ribbon 2012 US Navy
- National Defense Service Medal 2010 US Navy
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal 2011 US Navy
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal 2011 US Navy
- Armed Forces Service Medal 2020 US Navy
- Humanitarian Service Medal 2020 US Navy
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal 2019 US Navy
- NATO Service Medal 2012 US Navy
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Dental Association
- American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Periodontology
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Mission Work
- University of Georgia Mentoring Program
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Mentoring Program
- i9 Soccer Coach
- Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
What do you attribute your success to?
- God and my Family
Areas of research
Teaching and speaking
- 2019United States Naval Hospital Continuing Education Seminar Sasebo, JapanPrinciple of Periodontal Surgery - Lecture2019United States Naval Hospital Continuing Education Seminar Yokosuka, JapanImplementing Periodontics in the Restorative World - Lecture2018ICOI World Congress XXXVI Las Vegas, USARisk Management and Treatment Modalities for Peri-implantitis - Lecture201864th Military Tri-Service Military Symposium Tokyo, JapanThe Management of Mucogingival Deformities - Lecture2017United States Naval Hospital Hygienist Seminar Yokosuka, JapanNon-Surgical Periodontal Therapy - Lecture2015American Academy of Periodontics 101st Annual Meeting Orlando, FloridaThe Disinfection of Implant Surfaces on Implants with Peri-Implantitis - Lecture2015Naval Postgraduate Dental School Periodontics Continuing Education Course Bethesda, MarylandThe Use of Lasers in Periodontics Lecture2015Washington, D.C. Tri-Service Dental Symposium Andrews Air Force Base, MarylandManagement of Anatomic Tension During Mucogingival Procedures - Poster Presentation2011Naval Branch Dental Clinic Symposium Norfolk, VirginiaSoft Tissue Development Around Dental Implants in the Esthetic Zone - Poster Presentation2008International Association for Dental Research 86th General Session Toronto, CanadaAdvanced Glycation Endproducts and Rat Dental Implant Osseointegration - Poster Presentation
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- SkiingHikingAdventure Running
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Clinical Periodontology
Areas of research
D. G. Quintero, et al. Advanced Glycation Endproducts and Rat Dental Implant Osseointegration. Journal of Oral Implantology. 2010;36(2):97-103.
D. G. Quintero, et al. Air Abrasive Disinfection of Implant Surfaces in a Simulated Model of Peri-Implantitis. Implant Dentistry. 2017;26(3):423-428.
Dr. David Quintero, DMD, MS's Practice location
Dacula, GA 30019Get Direction
- What Could Halitosis Mean?
IntroductionHalitosis is also referred to as bad breath in layman’s term. Having bad breath can be embarrassing and may sometimes cause anxiety. Bad breath is commonly experienced by people. In fact, 1 in every 15 people experiences halitosis on a regular basis. Halitosis has a number of...
- Plaque Attack: Habits That Lead to Plaque Formation
It goes without saying that good habits are the key for healthy teeth without plaque. Richard Price, DMD, spokesman for the American Dental Association, says that having teeth without plaque is easy. One needs to be consistent with healthy habits to have the best results.Plaque is a film of bacteria...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Bridges
We often do not realize this, but our bodies are perfectly designed machines. Our jaws, for example, and the alignment of our teeth are designed perfectly for biting and chewing. Any change in the natural order could result in unfavorable consequences. Losing teeth is one such change that has less...
- Do I need to get my Wisdom Teeth Pulled?
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure used to remove one or more of the adult teeth present at the back of the mouth. It is usually done by an oral surgeon or a dentist. It is often done by opening the gum tissue over the tooth and then taking out the bone covering the tooth. The tissue...
- When are Dental Crowns Recommended?
What is a Dental Crown?Dental crowns are used for saving damaged or broken teeth, as well as when a tooth requires a root canal treatment. In order for the dental crown to get attached to the tooth, the tooth needs to be reduced in size first.A dental crown is a prosthetic superstructure that...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machines: Full Face Masks, BiPAP, and ResMed S10
What is sleep apnea?Sleep apnea is a serious form of sleep disorder that occurs when a person's breathing is often interrupted while sleeping. The brain and other parts of the body do not get enough of oxygen when sleep apnea remains untreated. There are two main types of sleep apnea:...
- Dr. Mike Salekian DMD3710 Old Milton Pkwy Alpharetta GA 30005
- Dr. Edward D'witt Mcdonald D.D.S.2463 Hamilton Mill Pkwy Dacula GA 30019
- Dr. Devang Vinaykant Shah DMD2133 Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd Suwanee GA 30024
- Dr. Juan J. Solano DDS950 Indian Trail Lilburn Rd Nw Lilburn GA 30047
- Dr. Brittany Hoover DMD1590 Oakbrook Dr Norcross GA 30093
- Dr. Clarence Kegler DDS1500 Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Suwanee GA 30024