Dr. Curt Young is an ophthalmologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Young specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Young can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Young can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine 2002
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Tear
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
Dr. Curt Tyler Young MD's Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70112Get Direction
Bangor, ME 04401Get Direction
Dr. Curt Tyler Young MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Young
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- Signs and Symptoms of Conjunctivitis
There are many causes of conjunctivitis such as:...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- Dr. Anne P. Rowland MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Robert Joseph Cangelosi4201 Frenchmen Street New Orleans Louisiana 70122
- Dr. Richard J. Hesse1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans Louisiana 70121
- Dr. Donald Cerise M.D.4324 Veterans Memorial Blvd Metairie LA 70006
- Dr. Neil F. Notaroberto M.D.1939 Hickory Avenue Harahan Louisiana 70123
- Dr. Maria Alejandra Valenzuela-arellano MD1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112