Dr. Robert Byron Palmer M.D.
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine275 Grass Valley Hwy Auburn CA, 95603
Dr. Robert Palmer practices Geriatric Medicine in Sonora, CA. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Palmer works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Exercise restraint. Medical & legal issues you must understand to protect the patient & yourself.
- Improvement in irritable bowel syndrome following ano-rectal surgery.
- Commentary on: Borrows DL, Hagardorn AN, Harlan GC, Wallen EDB, Ferslew KE. A fatal drug interaction between oxycodone and clonazepam. J Forensic Sci 2003;48(3):683-86.
- Gamma-butyrolactone and 1,4-butanediol: abused analogues of gamma-hydroxybutyrate.
- Solvents and vapor intrusion pathways.
- A case study in metabolic acidosis induced by inhalation.
- Derivation of a chemical-specific adjustment factor (CSAF) for use in the assessment of risk from chronic exposure to ethylene glycol: application of International Programme for Chemical Safety guidelines.
- Epidemiology, toxicokinetics, and health effects of methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE).
- A review of the use of ethyl glucuronide as a marker for ethanol consumption in forensic and clinical medicine.
- Massive ethylene glycol ingestion treated with fomepizole alone-a viable therapeutic option.
- Fentanyl in postmortem forensic toxicology.
- Anabolic-androgenic steroids.
- ACMT and AACT Position Statement: Preventing Occupational Fentanyl and Fentanyl Analog Exposure to Emergency Responders.
- ACMT and AACT position statement: preventing occupational fentanyl and fentanyl analog exposure to emergency responders.
Dr. Robert Byron Palmer M.D.'s Practice location
Sonora, CA 95370Get Direction
Auburn, CA 95603Get Direction
Dr. Robert Byron Palmer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Palmer
- Anti-Tremor Medications for Parkinson's Disease
IntroductionParkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive disorder. In this disorder, the movements of the individual are affected. When we say progressive, it means that as time passes by, the symptoms related to the disease tend to worsen. Parkinson’s disease does not have a complete cure...
- Can You Get Nauseated from Being Dehydrated?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by not so severe dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs,...
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Lung Cancer is one of the most common and serious forms of cancers in the world. In fact, it is also one of the leading causes of cancer deaths for both men and women. This form of cancer is known to mainly affect older people, primarily those in their seventies. Smoking has been identified as one...
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...
- Michael J. Fox's Impact on Parkinson’s Disease
Michael J. FoxMichael J. Fox, born as Michael Andrew Fox in 1961, is a Canadian-born actor, who received his breakthrough in Family Ties, an American sitcom. He consecutively received three Emmy awards as lead actor in this comedy series. He was the lead character in the adventure comedy film, Back...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...