Enrique J Rivas MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease119 Gannett Dr South Portland ME, 04106
Dr. Enrique Rivas is a cardiologist practicing in South Portland, ME. Dr. Rivas specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Rivas also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ Nac De San Agustin- Prog Acad De Med- Arequipa- Peru 1991
Universidad Nacional De San Agustin, Facultad De Medicina 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Maine Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Internal Medicine
Enrique J Rivas MD's Practice location
South Portland, ME 04106Get Direction
BRUNSWICK, ME 04011Get Direction
Enrique J Rivas MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rivas
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- The Diabetic's Connection to Heart Disease
Many already know that diabetes has a deep connection with heart disease, but a lot aren't sure about why or how. However, according to several studies, high blood glucose levels are a key contributor to this connection. High levels of blood glucose, or sugar, will often result in damage to the...
- What is Rheumatic Fever?
Rheumatic fever is a complicated, nonsuppurative disease that affects the joints, blood vessels, heart, brain, and skin. It is an acute inflammatory response that has a PAST untreated or slightly treated Group A or group B beta-hemolytic streptococcal infection, such as strep throat or scarlet...
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Taurine Reduces the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Women
For women with high cholesterol, incorporating taurine into the diet can reduce the risk of heart diseases.According to the European Journal of Nutrition, it is revealed that taurine, the amino acid found in high amounts in poultry, meat, and in other food products, is highly useful and works as a...
- Lowell Ian Gerber MD100 Spencers Ridge Road Freeport Maine 04032
- Paul D. Mcgrath MD100 Foden Road East South Portland ME 04106
- James B. Powers M.D.119 Gannett Dr South Portland ME 04106
- Douglas B Sawyer MD3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232
- Howard B Sherman M.D.9 Healthcare Drive Biddeford ME 04005
- Marco N. Diaz M.D.119 Gannett Dr South Portland ME 04106