Dr. Franklin P. Flowers MD
Dermatologist | Procedural Dermatology1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL, 32610
Dr. Franklin Flowers is a dermatologist practicing in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Flowers specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Flowers diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1971
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Skin cancer of the head and neck with incidental microscopic perineural invasion.
- Treatment of tinea nigra with terbinafine.
- Persistent verrucous varicella as the initial manifestation of HIV infection.
- Distant cancer effects on standardised testing of peripheral vision.
- The interferons and their use in condyloma acuminata.
- Acantholytic acanthomas in an immunosuppressed patient.
- Large granular lymphocytes within the epidermis of erythema multiforme lesions.
- Azathioprine: a forgotten alternative for treatment of severe psoriasis.
- Patterns of prescribing isotretinoin: focus on women of childbearing potential.
- Pancreatic panniculitis.
- Peritumoral fibrosis in basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma mimicking perineural invasion: potential pitfall in Mohs micrographic surgery.
- Vitamin D therapy in psoriasis.
- Chemoprevention of nonmelanoma skin cancer.
- Skin changes with aging and disease.
- Practical guidelines for the management of toxic epidermal necrolysis and Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
Dr. Franklin P. Flowers MD's Practice location
Dr. Franklin P. Flowers MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Flowers
- How to Treat Excessive Perspiration
Sweat glands cause perspiration whenever there is an increase in temperature, fever, or when you are involved in physical activity. Perspiration is also seen when one is nervous, anxious, or under stress. When none of these factors are present, the signals for the production of sweating are normally...
- Treatments for Heat Rash
Heat rash, prickly heat, or miliaria is a condition of the skin that causes rash mostly because of excess sweating. It is a condition that occurs if the sweat ducts cannot efficiently excrete sweat from the body. As a result, sweat accumulates within the skin layers causing a rash that is...
- How Exactly Does Terbinafine Work to Treat Jock Itch?
What is terbinafine?Terbinafine is an antifungal that works by stopping fungi from growing. Topical terbinafine is used for the treatment of fungal skin infections, such as ringworm, jock itch, and athlete's foot. Oral terbinafine tablets are often prescribed when it comes to treating fungal...
- 5 Tips for Dealing With Ingrown Hair
Ingrown hair is a condition where hair has grown back into the skin instead of out through the surface. An ingrown hair, since it irritates the skin, usually appears as a small, red bump, much like a pimple. Sometimes, it can have pus inside the follicle and look like a boil and cause you some pain...
- Will My Diet Induce Eczema?
Irritation and itching are two common symptoms of eczema. Whether diets are helpful to alleviate these symptoms is still not yet clear. Many studies that tried to associate diet and eczema have had contradictory results. Some studies show that eczema is related to food allergies, but many people...
- Hair Loss After Pregnancy
IntroductionMost women notice having a thicker hair during pregnancy. However, it can totally be the opposite after giving birth. After pregnancy, they may notice frequent hair fall or hair loss. This scenario is quite common for most women during and after pregnancy. Continue reading below to...
- Dr. Stanton K Wesson MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. Michael Waudo Wangia MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. David C. Blumer M.D.720 Sw 2nd Ave Gainesville FL 32601
- Dr. Christina Leigh Mitchell MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. Anthony Aulisio M.D.114 Nw 76th Dr Gainesville FL 32607
- Dr. Tara Irland Ezzell M.D.1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608