Dr. Carl K Gjertson M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology263 Farmington Ave Urology Farmington CT, 06030
Dr. Carl Gjertson is trained in using the da Vinci S Surgical System, a robotic technology which enables surgeons to perform minimally invasive prostatectomies, hysterectomies and heart surgery. Dr. G ...
Education and Training
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 2001
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Genitourinary Cancer (urologic Cancer), Robotic Surgery, Urinary Incontinence
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Enlarged Prostate
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Birth Defects
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Carl K Gjertson M.D.'s Practice location
Farmington, CT 06030Get Direction
Indianapolis, IN 46202Get Direction
Dr. Carl K Gjertson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gjertson
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Dr. Phillip P Smith M.D.263 FARMINGTON AVE FARMINGTON CT 06030
- Dr. Sarah Rebecca Marietti shepherd M.D.263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Dr. Eric Donald Nelson M.D.282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. John H. Makari MD10 Birdseye Road Farmington CT 06032
- Dr. Christina Kim MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Fernando Ferrer MD10 Birdseye Road Farmington CT 06032