Dr. Peter Rutledge is a general surgeon practicing in Fort Worth, TX. Dr. Rutledge specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Rutledge provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1982
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- The role of oxygen-derived free radicals in two models of experimental acute pancreatitis: effects of catalase, superoxide dismutase, dimethylsulfoxide, and allopurinol.
- Diagnosis of symptomatic alkaline reflux gastritis and prediction of response to bile diversion operation by intragastric alkali provocation.
- Persistent acute pancreatitis. A variant treated by pancreatoduodenectomy.
- Cystic tumors mistaken for pancreatic pseudocysts.
- Mass Gen Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Peter L Rutledge M.D.'s Practice location
Fort Worth, TX 76132Get Direction
Dr. Peter L Rutledge M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rutledge
- What Happens During an Appendectomy?
When the appendix experiences an infection, it becomes swollen and causes a lot of pain. It is necessary to undergo a surgical operation to remove this appendix that causes the discomfort. Functions of this organ called the appendix are not very clear, it is vestigial and, as such, its removal is...
- How to Prepare for a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Such procedure is performed as a result of many causes. In most cases, a cholecystectomy is performed to relieve the patient from complications caused by the inflammation of the gallbladder.A gallbladder is an organ that is located just...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Gallbladder Surgery
Open gallbladder removal, also known as open cholecystectomy, is a surgical operation removing the gallbladder. The objective of the procedure is to offer permanent relief from gallbladder-related problems such as gallstones. During the surgery, a large incision is made in the abdomen and used to...
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- Dr. Michael L Thornton D.O.1301 E DEBBIE LN MANSFIELD TX 76063
- Dr. Antonio A. Castaneda M.D.1325 Pennsylvania Ave Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Travis Wolfe Crudup M.D.1000 9TH AVE FORT WORTH TX 76104
- Dr. Anita W Chow MD1250 8th Avenue Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. John Landis Birbari M.D.1325 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Carl Daniel Jordan DO137 Industrial Ave Azle TX 76020