David E Sherwood
Adolescent Specialist | Adolescent Medicine10 Century Hill Dr Latham NY, 12110
Dr. David Sherwood is an adolescent specialist practicing in Latham, NY. Dr. Sherwood works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Sherwood treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College - Union University 1996
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Using concurrent visual feedback to focus attention in bimanual aiming movements.
- Schema theory: critical review and implications for the role of cognition in a new theory of motor learning.
- Movement time modulates spatial assimilation effects in rapid bimanual movements.
- Intermovement interval and spatial assimilation effects in sequential bimanual and unimanual movements.
- Speed-accuracy tradeoffs in rapid bimanual aiming movements.
- Separate movement planning and spatial assimilation effects in sequential bimanual aiming movements.
- Spatial assimilation effects in sequential movements: effects of parameter value switching and practice organization.
- Generalization of error detection across motor tasks by men and women.
- Electromyographic control of movement time in a rapid aiming movement.
- Spatial error detection in rapid unimanual and bimanual aiming movements.
- How changing the focus of attention affects performance, kinematics, and
- Detecting and correcting errors in rapid aiming movements: effects of movement time, distance, and velocity.
- Parameter value switching in discrete and continuous aiming movements.
- Neuromuscular effects of shifting the focus of attention in a simple force production task.
- Defining the focus of attention: effects of attention on perceived exertion and fatigue.
- Ear Infection
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
David E Sherwood's Practice location
Latham, NY 12110Get Direction
David E Sherwood's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sherwood
- The Connection Between Ashkenazi Jewish Descent and Mutated BRCA Genes
Although the book, Gilda’s Disease: Personal Experience and Authoritative Advice on Ovarian Cancer (copyright 1996) is not a recent publication, it’s still a worthy resource to learn from the personal experiences of comedian Gene Wilder as he watched this disease take his wife away from life and...
- What to Avoid if You have Osteoarthritis
Refined CarbohydratesRefined carbohydrates provide calories but do not contain enough nutrients. Sugar and enriched flour are examples of refined carbohydrates. These ingredients can have a bad effect on blood sugar levels, energy, appetite, and mood. Healthcare providers recommend avoiding enriched...
- What Is Stratum Corneum: Function and Structure
The stratum corneum is the outermost epidermal layer of the skin, which consists of dead cells called corneocytes. It is the major barrier of the skin when it comes to chemical transfers. The main purpose of the stratum corneum is to protect the underlying tissues by forming a barrier. The...
- Pregnancy, Sleep Disorders and Fetus Health
For ideal health, it is necessary to have long hours of sound sleep. We all know the refreshing effects that sleep has on us, yet sometimes in life, we are deprived of this essential daily revitalization. The reasons could be various health problems like, anxiety, hormonal changes, or sleep apnea....
- Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
Treatments for Erectile DysfunctionErectile dysfunction is a problem that affects the ability of men to have and maintain their erections. It can cause emotional and psychological stress, especially for people with low self-esteem or those who suffer relationship troubles because of it. However, it...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....