Dr. Erik Kooba is an anesthesiologist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Kooba ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Kooba also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ohio, Toledo Oh 1993
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Atlanta Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Emory University Assoc Hosps 1994
Dr. Erik K Kooba M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Erik K Kooba M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kooba
- Healthy Diets That Can Help Manage Your Arthritis
What is Arthritis?Arthritis is the name given to those diseases or disorders that affect the body’s joints. Around 200 rheumatic diseases come under the term arthritis. The most common types include osteoarthritis (OA), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), psoriatic arthritis (PsA), fibromyalgia, and gout....
- What are the Bacteria that Cause Food Poisoning?
Clearly, contamination and pollution have become a part of our everyday lives. Whether it is the contamination of air, water, or food, to a large extent it is all inevitable. This contamination of everyday substances gives rise to various illnesses that sometimes can culminate into a more serious...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Alan Peter Zaggy MD800 E CARPENTER ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Dr. Ramakrishna Madala M.D.800 East Carpenter Street Springfield IL 62769
- Dr. Jose G Figueroa M.D.800 East Carpenter Street Springfield IL 62769
- Dr. Robert Kojima M.D.800 East Carpenter Street Springfield IL 62769
- Dr. Mounir F Banoub MD800 E CARPENTER ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Dr. Brad E Higgason M.D.800 East Carpenter Street Springfield IL 62769