Dr. James Shively is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Lafayette, CA. Dr. Shively specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Shively tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Dr. James Lyman Shively M.D.'s Practice location
Lafayette, CA 94549Get Direction
OAKLAND, CA 94609Get Direction
Dr. James Lyman Shively M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are metatarsal bones?
The five long bones of the metatarsus of the foot are known as the metatarsals. Just as metacarpals of the hand are made of different components, similarly, metatarsals are made of different components such as a proximal base, shaft, and distal head. Arches of the foot are formed by the metatarsal...
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- Everything You Need to Know About Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is a medical procedure that is done to treat a condition known as carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where a ligament known as the transverse carpal ligament lies over the median nerve, putting pressure on it. The condition causes numbness, weakness,...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Arthritis: Arthroplasty and Joint Replacement
What is arthroplasty?As the name suggests, arthroplasty is a procedure that is performed on the joints. These procedures are limited. Therefore, arthroplasty is usually the last option for the patient as well as the physician. The purpose of arthroplasty is to repair stiffened joints, relieve pain,...
- Dr. Kirk L Jensen MD3717 Mt Diablo Blvd Lafayette CA 94549
- Dr. Landrus L Pfeffinger MD911 Moraga Rd Lafayette CA 94549
- Dr. Kenneth M. Caldwell MD3717 MT DIABLO BLVD STE 100 LAFAYETTE CA 94549
- Dr. Giles C Floyd M.D.37 Jennifer Highlands Ct Lafayette CA 94549
- Mr. Robert Rowe Mcivor MD911 Moraga Rd Lafayette CA 94549
- Dr. William Stewart thornley Jackson M.D.921 Dana Highlands Ct Lafayette CA 94549