Dr. Jai Udassi is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Udassi specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan MD
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology- 2012
- Use of impedance threshold device in conjunction with our novel adhesive glove
- Reply to letter: Adhesive glove CPR: does it really fit alone?
- Ventricular Fibrillation-Induced Cardiac Arrest Results in Regional Cardiac Injury Preferentially in Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery Territory in Piglet Model.
- Syrcuse, NY 2003 Excellent Teacher Primary Care Scholar - Upstate University
- Douglas J. Barrett Fellowship Award, 2007 University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- 2008 American Heart Association YoungINvestigator Award
- Exemplary Teach Award, 2012University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Intensive Care, Cpr, Cpr - Infant And More
- MemberAMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
- Member OTH HLTH DEG: MD
- Member OTH HLTH DEG: FAAP
- Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo 1994
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Affiliated Hospitals 1997
- PEDIATRICS, SUNY HSC, SYRAUSE, NY 1994
- University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 2009
- PEDIATRIC PULMONOLOGY, SUNY HSC SYRACUSE, SYRACUSE, NY 1997
Dr. Jai P. Udassi M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Jai P. Udassi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Dr. Curt G Degroff MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Bijoy Damodaran Thattaliyath M.D.1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Renata Luri Shih MD801 Sw 2nd Ave Gainesville FL 32601
- Dr. Gonzalo Alberto Wallis MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Himesh Vijaykumar Vyas MBBS1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Hao Hsu M.D.1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610