Dr. Alan L Nager MD
Emergency Physician (Pediatric) | Pediatric Emergency Medicine4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA, 90027
Dr. Alan Nager is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Nager specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1987
University of Minnesota Medical School 1987
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Jaundice as an early diagnostic sign of urinary tract infection in infancy.
- The utility of safety counseling in a pediatric emergency department.
- Pediatric fingertip injuries: do prophylactic antibiotics alter infection rates?
- Emergency department surge: models and practical implications.
- Pediatric disaster preparedness in the medical setting: integrating mental health.
- Pediatric myocarditis: presenting clinical characteristics.
- Pediatric traumatic brain injury: the utility of beta-natriuretic peptide.
- Teaching residents established guidelines and standards of care to strengthen
- Diagnosing pediatric appendicitis: usefulness of laboratory markers.
- Delayed diagnosis of injuries in pediatric trauma: the role of radiographic ordering practices.
- Intravenous rehydration in paediatric gastroenteritis.
- An upsurge in pertussis: epidemiology and trends.
- Dehydration treatment practices among pediatrics-trained and non-pediatrics trained emergency physicians.
- Use of an emergency medical pictorial communication book during simulated disaster conditions.
- Traditional nurse triage vs physician telepresence in a pediatric ED.
- Willis A. Winger Award, AAP, San Francisco, CA 1992 Use of Transillumination to Assist Placement of Intravenous Catheters
- Ambulatory Pediatric Association/Society for Pediatric Research Award 1992 Controlled Trial of Oral Prednisone in the Emergency Room Treatment o
- California State University, Long Beach School of Nursing 2006 Honor Award for Teaching
- 2008 Trauma Hero, Award Given by CHLA for Trauma Leadership, Advocacy, and
- 2000 Los Angeles County Honor Award to CHLA Emergency Department Assistanc
- 2002 CHLA, Excellence Award to Emergency Medicine
- 2004 Voted best unit by the CHLA House staff
- 2009 Disaster Education Leader, Given by CHLA for Leadership Role
- Outstanding Musical Performance, 1975-76 Individual awards: John Phillips Sousa Award
- 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998 1994 Mead Johnson Teaching Award
- Entitled, These Three Words (Hope, Faith And Love). Given to an Excep 2006 Community Service Award
- 2006 Kids on the Run, Children's Hospital Los Angeles Emergency Department
- 2007 Best Overall Quality of Care, CHLA ED (National Comparison), Professi
- 2022 First Place Team, Hospital Disaster Olympics, 2008
- 2010 Dodgers Baseball League and State Farm Insurance, Good Neighbor Award
- Patient Education, Emergency Care
- Abnormal Gait
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Member AAP
- Member Committee on Pediatric EM (COPEM)
- Member Local AAP
- Member Injury and Poison Prevention, Local Section of the AAP
- Member California State Committee, Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC)
Dr. Alan L Nager MD's Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90027Get Direction
Dr. Alan L Nager MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nager
- Weight Loss Is Key To Reversing Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is characterized by the pancreas not making enough insulin to regulate blood sugar levels. Previously, the medical community and patients believed that a pancreas that did not work properly lasted for life, but this is not the case. New studies have found that weight loss can treat...
- Crohn's Disease Could Delay Bowel Cancer Diagnosis
Abdominal pain, frequent and recurring diarrhea, blood in the stool, and problematic bowel movements are all common symptoms for those suffering from Crohn’s disease. Unfortunately, they are also identical symptoms with those of bowel cancer, which can be one of the hardest cancers to diagnose in...
- 5 Tips on Living with Fibroids
Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that form on the walls of the uterus. Statistics show that more than 70 percent of women will experience fibroids at one point in their lives. Although fibroids don’t show clear signs and symptoms, other women will experience heavy bleeding and severe pain....
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Dr. Derya Caglar MD4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Dr. Sarah Elizabeth Salamon MD4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Dr. Irma Yolanda Gonzalez MD504 S Sierra Madre Blvd Pasadena CA 91107
- Dr. Chelsey Overstreet MD1662 Monte Vista St Pasadena CA 91106
- Dr. Craig A Mcelderry MD4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Dr. Vanessa L Tamas M.D.4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027