Dr. Julia Montgomery is a speech language pathologist practicing in JACKSON, TN. Dr. Montgomery specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Montgomery evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Montgomery helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Julia Reynolds Montgomery's Practice location
JACKSON, TN 38305Get Direction
Julia Reynolds Montgomery's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Carla Andreas Thompson M.A. CCC-SLP65 RIDGECREST RD JACKSON TN 38305
- Mrs. Jennifer M Harris M.S.,CCC-SLP1310 E MAIN ST HUMBOLDT TN 38343
- Gina Eason Lee MA CCC-SLP1310 E MAIN ST HUMBOLDT TN 38343
- Shital R Prasad MS.CCC.SLP121 PHYSICIANS DR JACKSON TN 38305
- Mrs. Billie Suanne Williams M.A., CCC-SLP1119 OLD HUMBOLDT RD JACKSON TN 38305
- Shelli Denise Riggs M.A. CCC SLP69 SEAY CV JACKSON TN 38305