Dr. Mali Mathru is an anesthesiologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Mathru ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Mathru also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Pondicherry University Jawaharlal Institute Medical
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) 1968
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Critical Care Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- 1982
- John Stroger Hospital of Cook County 1974
- Cook County Hospital Program
Dr. Mali Mathru MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Mali Mathru MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mathru
- Nausea During Pregnancy: What Causes Nausea and How to Treat it
Nausea is that weird and unpleasant sensation in your stomach which makes you want to throw up or vomit. It is generally a feeling associated with the upper abdominal region. Nausea is also known as qual and is a feeling that can be triggered due to a number of reasons including the side effects of...
- Psych Disorders Often Precede Lupus Diagnosis
Classical lupus with typical malar rash and other well-known symptoms is extremely rare. This autoimmune ailment may start insidiously in some and may develop gradually in others. In some, it may begin as a renal problem, or heart disease, while in others various psychiatric issues may precede the...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Juan Francisco Gutierrez-Mazorra MD1600 7th Avenue Birmingham Alabama 35233
- Dr. Thomas Richard Vetter MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Perry W Smith MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Jason Lynn Mckeown MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Timothy J Ness MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Gaylyn Mcilwain Horne MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233