Dr. Lenore Farmer MD
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry437 Railroad Street Bridgeville PA, 15017
Dr. Lenore Farmer is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Bridgeville, PA. Dr. Farmer specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Farmer helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1970
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1970
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
- Mercy Hosp-Pittsburgh, Pediatrics; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- MERCY HOSPITAL
Dr. Lenore Farmer MD's Practice location
Bridgeville, PA 15017Get Direction
Dr. Lenore Farmer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Farmer
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Dr. Rajkumar R Sarma M.D.12 Eastern Ave Pittsburgh PA 15215
- Dr. John P Nelson M.D.401 Shady Ave Pittsburgh PA 15206
- Dr. Jordan F. Karp M.D.3811 Ohara St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Kristina Curci M.D.330 S 9th St Pittsburgh PA 15203
- Dr. Jules Rosen MD3811 Ohara St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Ariel Gerard Gildengers M.D.3811 Ohara St Pittsburgh PA 15213