Dr. Bruce Jason Leavitt MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon111 Colchester Ave Fletcher 4 Burlington VT, 05401
Dr. Bruce Leavitt is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Burlington, VT. Dr. Leavitt specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Leavitt typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1981
University of Vermont College of Medicine 1981
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Predicting the risk of death from heart failure after coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
- Metastatic serous borderline ovarian tumor in an internal mammary lymph node: a case report and review of the literature.
- Long-term survival of dialysis patients after coronary bypass grafting.
- The reorganization of the human and rabbit heart in response to haemodynamic overload.
- Effect of mitral valve repair for mitral valve prolapse on regression of left ventricular mass.
- Images in clinical medicine. Giant Lambl's excrescences.
- Contractile protein function in failing and nonfailing human myocardium.
- Contraction frequency dependence of twitch and diastolic tension in human dilated cardiomyopathy (tension-frequency relation in cardiomyopathy).
- Dynamic calcium requirements for activation of human ventricular muscle calculated from tension-independent heat.
- The effect of not using an internal mammary artery as a conduit for coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Dexmedetomidine does not improve patient satisfaction when compared with propofol during mechanical ventilation.
- Perioperative increases in serum creatinine are predictive of increased 90-day mortality after coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
- The effects of diabetes mellitus on coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
- Energetics of isometric force development in control and volume-overload human myocardium. Comparison with animal species.
- CT features of peripheral pulmonary carcinoid tumors.
- Congenital Heart Disease, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Lung Cancer And More
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
Dr. Bruce Jason Leavitt MD's Practice location
SYRACUSE, NY 13210Get Direction
Dr. Bruce Jason Leavitt MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Leavitt
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Dr. Joseph Dean Schmoker MD111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Mr. Stephen Colmenero PA111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Stephen Marcus PA111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Mitchell Craig Norotsky DR111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Christopher Marlowe Terrien MD205 Old Farm Rd. South Burlington VT 05403
- Dr. Frank Paul Ittleman MD111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401