Paul Kerr, DO, FACS, FCCP, is a leading surgeon currently serving patients at University of South Carolina/WJB Dorn VA Medical Center in Columbia, South Carolina. Throughout his twenty-four years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in cardiothoracic surgery and surgical critical care. After earning his osteopathic medicine degree in 1986 at Western University of Health Sciences, Dr. Kerr completed his general surgery residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and his fellowship at Vanderbilt University. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a professional member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine, the American Medical Association, the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, and the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery.
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Cleveland Clinic Fndn, Thoracic Surgery; Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Thoracic Surgery; Flushing Hosp Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Baptist Hlth System Inc, General Surgery
- General Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, American Medical Association, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
Articles and Publications
- 2 Books, 115 Peer Reviewed Articles
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Owns Martial Arts Studio
Dr. Paul Kerr D.O.'s Practice location
Columbia, South Carolina 29209 Get Direction
Tampa, FL 33626 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Paul Kerr D.O. | Surgeon | Trauma Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Paul Kerr D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kerr
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- Fibromyalgia: Change Your Lifestyle
Lifestyle ChangesLong-term body pain and localized tenderness, as well as the many other symptoms of fibromyalgia can drastically change the lifestyle of an individual. It can affect a person’s mobility resulting in the need for a cane, walker or wheelchair. Individuals may also find that they...
- Do I Have Vertigo?
Causes of vertigoVertigo can be either caused by a disease or by physiological factors.Caused by a diseaseSome of the diseases that lead to vertigo include Meniere’s disease, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, and labyrinthitis. Other medical conditions that may lead to vertigo include brain...
- Health Benefits of the Raw Food Diet
What is the raw food diet?These days, most food is processed. They contain toxins and artificial ingredients that are harmful to our overall health. In the last couple of years, the raw food diet has become a trend, With this, the food is not cooked, and the raw food is not processed by any heat. It...
- Oscar Winner Kathy Bates Talks About Learning she had Ovarian and Breast Cancer
Breast and ovarian cancer are serious diseases that can affect any woman. Both can be terrifying to have, and no woman wants to hear those dreaded words from her doctor.Cancer is responsible for millions of deaths every year, and though modern medicine has come a long way to treat this disease,...
- Millennials Taking Over the Nurse Workforce
Nurses Face Adversity And A Different Environment More Than EverWith millennials becoming more apparent of just what is required for a workforce education, it can be said that has been a rise in nursing like never before. More and more millennials are becoming nurses, which is outweighing the baby...
Nearby Trauma Surgeons
- Dr. James Maurice Nottingham MD Two Richland Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Stephen Austin Fann M.D. 171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Mark Allen Jones M.D. Nine Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Kurt Alfred Fichtner M.D. 6439 Garners Ferry Rd Columbia SC 29209
- Dr. Raymond Paulhalcott Bynoe M.D. 2 Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Richard Mcmurtry Bell M.D. 2 Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203