Paul Kerr, DO, FACS, FCCP, is a leading surgeon currently serving patients at University of South Carolina/WJB Dorn VA Medical Center in Columbia, South Carolina. Throughout his twenty-four years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in cardiothoracic surgery and surgical critical care. After earning his osteopathic medicine degree in 1986 at Western University of Health Sciences, Dr. Kerr completed his general surgery residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and his fellowship at Vanderbilt University. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a professional member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine, the American Medical Association, the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, and the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery.
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Cleveland Clinic Fndn, Thoracic Surgery; Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Thoracic Surgery; Flushing Hosp Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Baptist Hlth System Inc, General Surgery
- General Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, American Medical Association, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
Articles and Publications
- 2 Books, 115 Peer Reviewed Articles
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Owns Martial Arts Studio
Dr. Paul Kerr D.O.'s Practice location
Columbia, South Carolina 29209 Get Direction
Tampa, FL 33626 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Paul Kerr D.O. | Surgeon | Trauma Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Paul Kerr D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kerr
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- Does a Healthy Diet Help Prevent Aging?
Experts are of the opinion that the type of food an individual eats may affect the looks of the person. Many of the components in the diet may aid in chronic inflammation, a condition that expedites aging. Thus, eating certain foods may make the person look much older than he or she actually is....
- 11-Year-Old Boy Plans to Walk 17 Miles for Lupus UK
There are many organizations that organize charity walks and runs. These events can easily raise money and awareness for the cause that the organization supports. Most people who walk or run in these charity events train with the anticipation of the challenge. They work hard to be able to...
- Broken Tibia: Symptoms and Treatment
OverviewThe tibia and fibula are the two bones in your lower leg. The larger bone is the tibia, which supports most of a person's weight. It is also an important part of the ankle and knee joints. A fractured or broken tibia is usually along the length of the bone and in between the knee and above...
- What Is Paranoid Schizophrenia?
Paranoid schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia in which the patient has hallucinations, false beliefs, and delusions that a person or group of individuals, regardless if they are his close friends or loved ones, are continuously plotting against him. At times, the patient may even believe that...
- Floating Poop: Reasons
Causes of Floating PoopOne day, all of a sudden, you notice that you have floating poop. The very next thing that comes to your mind is, "Why?"Usually, poop sinks to the bottom of the toilet, so you might be wondering why your poop floats. Diet and other contributing factors can cause changes in...
- Dr. James Maurice Nottingham MD Two Richland Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Stephen Austin Fann M.D. 171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Mark Allen Jones M.D. 9 Richland Medical Park Dr Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Raymond Paulhalcott Bynoe M.D. 2 Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Richard Mcmurtry Bell M.D. 2 Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. James Edward Morrison M.D. 2 Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203