Dr. Michael Kent Schwartz D.D.S.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery10 Warren Rd Suite 330 Cockeysville MD, 21030
Dr. Michael Schwartz is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Cockeysville, MD. Dr. Schwartz specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Schwartz is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Schwartz are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- DNA reveals high dispersal synchronizing the population dynamics of Canada lynx.
- Moa were many.
- Genetic monitoring as a promising tool for conservation and management.
- Gene flow in complex landscapes: testing multiple hypotheses with causal modeling.
- Genetic consequences of sex-biased dispersal in a solitary carnivore: Yellowstone cougars.
- Candidate gene microsatellite variation is associated with parasitism in wild bighorn sheep.
- Use of empirically derived source-destination models to map regional conservation corridors.
- Molecules and beyond: assessing the distinctness of the Great Lakes wolf.
- Neglect of genetic diversity in implementation of the convention on biological diversity.
- Scale-dependent genetic structure of the Idaho giant salamander (Dicamptodon aterrimus) in stream networks.
- Compromising genetic diversity in the wild: unmonitored large-scale release of plants and animals.
- Understanding and estimating effective population size for practical application in marine species management.
- Mitochondrial genome sequences illuminate maternal lineages of conservation concern in a rare carnivore.
- Advancing ecological understandings through technological transformations in noninvasive genetics.
- When are genetic methods useful for estimating contemporary abundance and detecting population trends?
- Member Maryland State Dental Association
Dr. Michael Kent Schwartz D.D.S.'s Practice location
Cockeysville, MD 21030Get Direction
Dr. Michael Kent Schwartz D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schwartz
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Dr. David C Bastacky DMD516 N Rolling Rd Catonsville MD 21228
- Dr. Julius Hyatt D.D.S.10 Warren Rd Cockeysville MD 21030
- Dr. John Joseph Mitcherling Other1900 E Northern Pkwy Baltimore MD 21239
- Dr. Steven Gary Ashman D.D.S9199 Reisterstown Rd Owings Mills MD 21117
- Dr. Frank Russell Newman D.M.D.5537 Midwood Ave Baltimore MD 21212
- Dr. Andonis Terezides DDS6351 Oklahoma Rd Sykesville MD 21784