Dr. Andrew Iwach is an ophthalmologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Iwach specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Iwach can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Iwach can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1984
University of California 1980
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Laser sclerostomy for the management of glaucoma.
- Holmium laser provides new tool for fighting glaucoma.
- Filtering bleb modification with a THC:YAG (Holmium) laser.
- Comparison of the efficacy of the fixed-combination timolol/dorzolamide versus
- Holmium laser sclerostomy in glaucoma management: a new tool for an old procedure.
- Transcanalicular THC:YAG dacryocystorhinostomy.
- A new contact neodymium:YAG laser for cyclophotocoagulation.
- Subconjunctival THC:YAG laser thermal sclerostomy.
- Subconjunctival THC: YAG laser limbal sclerostomy Ab externo in the rabbit.
- Long-term effect of phacoemulsification on intraocular pressure using phakic fellow eye as control.
- Analysis of surgical and medical management of glaucoma in Sturge-Weber syndrome.
- Blebitis After EX-PRESS Glaucoma Filtration Device Implantation-A Case Series.
- Update of the subconjunctival THC:YAG (holmium) laser sclerostomy ab externo clinical trial: 30-month report.
- Subconjunctival THC:YAG ("holmium") laser thermal sclerostomy ab externo. A one-year report.
- Trabeculectomy with intraoperative sponge 5-fluorouracil.
- A high prevalence of occludable angles in a Vietnamese population.
- Update on the subconjunctival THC:YAG (holmium) laser sclerostomy Ab externo clinical trial: a 4-year report.
- Endoscopic diode laser cyclophotocoagulation with a limbal approach.
- Long-term results of noncontact transscleral neodymium:YAG cyclophotocoagulation.
- Clinical experience of trabeculotomy for the surgical treatment of aniridic
- 2012San Francisco Super Doctors
- Glaucoma, Cataract Surgery With Lens Replacement
- FellowAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology
- Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, Ophthalmology; Scripps Mercy Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Stanford University 1985
- Stanford University Medical Center 1985
- UC San Francisco, Glaucoma 1988
Mr. Andrew George Iwach MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94105Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Mr. Andrew George Iwach MD | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mr. Andrew George Iwach MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Iwach
Inefficient and incompetent practice.
- What is Eye Melanoma?
What is eye melanoma?Eye melanoma is also known as ocular melanoma. It is a type of cancer that develops in the eye, from the melanin-producing cells.Melanoma is a type of malignant cancer that develops in the melanin-producing cells all over the human body. Melanin-producing cells are known for the...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What to Expect After Cataract Surgery?
As long as you are healthy, you don’t have any other eye infections and you don’t smoke, your cataract operation recovery should be without much ado. Research shows that several months after the surgery, most people get a positive outcome with better vision, clearer images and no other eye...
- Dr. Rona Zel Silkiss M.D.400 29th Street Oakland California 94609
- Stephanie M. Po1635 Divisadero Street San Francisco California 94115
- Dr. Gayle L Shimokaji MD1000 S Elisco Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Sanjay Bansal M.D.3540 MENDOCINO AVENUE SANTA ROSA CA 95403
- Dr. Solomon Samuel Gelbart M.D.490 Post St San Francisco CA 94102
- Dr. Lee Kenneth Schwartz M.D.2300 California St San Francisco CA 94115