Dr. Richard W Moretuzzo M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Reproductive Endocrinology95 Arch St Suite 250 Akron OH, 44304
Dr. Richard Moretuzzo is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Akron, OH. Dr. Moretuzzo specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Moretuzzo can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Moretuzzo can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1977
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1977
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG- Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
- Birth Defects
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism; Akron Gen Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Akron General Medical Center/NEOMED Program
- Med College Georgia
Dr. Richard W Moretuzzo M.D.'s Practice location
Akron, OH 44304Get Direction
Dr. Richard W Moretuzzo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Moretuzzo
- Chlamydia Doubled Ovarian Cancer Risk, Study Shows
Chlamydia trachomatis, commonly known as chlamydia, is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). In the United States, approximately 1.5 million cases of chlamydia are reported on an annual basis, making it the most commonly reported type of bacterial infection – according to the Centers for...
- Hyperthyroidism, Graves' Disease, and Pregnancy
Thyroid problems are more common among women and are especially prevalent during pregnancy as an intercurrent disease. Despite being common during pregnancy, it can be fairly serious to the health of both the mother and the fetus.How do thyroid problems affect pregnancy?There is always an increased...
- What is Postmenopausal Atrophic Vaginitis?
Also known as vaginal atrophy, postmenopausal atrophic vaginitis is the thinning of vaginal walls resulting from low estrogen levels. Mostly, it develops after menopause.Menopause is when a woman is at the ages of between 45 and 55, a time when she cannot release eggs from her ovaries. Menstruation...
- What Is Gestational Diabetes?
Gestational diabetes is one of the biggest fears of a pregnant woman. There are chances of birth defects among children who are born to mothers with untreated gestational diabetes.So the question is, 'Can you have a healthy baby though you have gestational diabetes?'The answer is yes. You can have a...
- What Causes Ovarian Cysts?
Ovarian cysts are small, fluid-filled sacs that develop in or on the surface of the ovaries. Most of the cysts do not cause any harm to the person, while some may cause pain or bleed. Cysts usually resemble a small bubble with central fluid surrounded by a thin wall. Cysts may develop in women of...
- Effects of Genital HPV on Newborn Babies
HPV, which is also known as the Human papilloma virus, is a group of viruses that affects the skin and the moist membranes lining the body. HPV usually affects the cervix, the anus, or the mouth and the throat. There are about 100 types of HPV, from which 30 types affect the genital area. The HPV...
- Dr. Barry J. Fish M.D.3428 W MARKET ST FAIRLAWN OH 44333
- Dr. Beth A. Reynolds DO6847 North Chestnut Street Ravenna Ohio 44266
- Balasubramaniam Chitrabanu1470 East Valentine Circle Canton Ohio 44708
- Dr. Marc E Snelson M.D.8900 Darrow Rd Twinsburg OH 44087
- Dr. Meghan J Foote D.O.3985 MEDINA RD MEDINA OH 44256
- Dr. Joseph F. Zebari MD3634 W MARKET ST FAIRLAWN OH 44333