Dr. Bijoy Damodaran Thattaliyath M.D.
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA, 52242
Dr. Bijoy Thattaliyath is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Thattaliyath specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
- Transcription factors in cardiogenesis: the combinations that unlock the mysteries of the heart.
- HAND1 and HAND2 are expressed in the adult-rodent heart and are modulated during cardiac hypertrophy.
- The basic-helix-loop-helix transcription factor HAND2 directly regulates transcription of the atrial naturetic peptide gene.
- Evaluation of Right Ventricular Myocardial Mechanics Using Velocity Vector Imaging of Cardiac MRI Cine Images in Transposition of the Great Arteries Following Atrial and Arterial Switch Operations.
Dr. Bijoy Damodaran Thattaliyath M.D.'s Practice location
Gainesville, FL 32610Get Direction
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Dr. Bijoy Damodaran Thattaliyath M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thattaliyath
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- Dr. Thomas D Scholz MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nicholas H. Vonbergen M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Aaron K Olson MD200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael F Artman MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Ravi C Ashwath MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Abhay Ashok Divekar MD, MBBS200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242