Dr. Sergio Larach is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Orlando, FL. Dr. Larach specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Larach often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Univ De Chile, Esc De Pregrado, Fac De Med, Santiago, Chile 1968
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
- Complications of laparoscopic surgery for rectal cancer: avoidance and management.
- Clinical, manometric, and EMG characteristics of patients with fecal incontinence.
- Time-related decay of the benefits of biofeedback therapy.
- Analysis of local recurrence of midrectal cancer after low anterior resection and stapled anastomosis.
- Robotic TransAnal Minimally Invasive Surgery in a cadaveric model.
- [Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) and transanal minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS)].
- Transanal minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS) for local excision of benign neoplasms and early-stage rectal cancer: efficacy and outcomes in the first 50 patients.
- Towards the development of simultaneous two-field robotic surgery.
- Transanal total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer: early outcomes in 50 consecutive patients.
- Transanal hemorrhoidal dearterialization (THD): a safe procedure for the anticoagulated patient?
- Experience with perirectal fistulas in patients with Crohn's disease.
- Modified Thiersch procedure with silastic mesh implant: a simple solution for fecal incontinence and severe prolapse.
- Twenty-year review of the surgical management of perianal Crohn's disease.
- Laparoscopic assisted abdominoperineal resection.
- Subcutaneous morphine pump for postoperative hemorrhoidectomy pain management.
- Endorectal ultrasound of T3 and T4 rectal cancers after preoperative chemoradiation.
- Biofeedback in colorectal practice: a multicenter, statewide, three-year experience.
- Electromyographic assessment of biofeedback training for fecal incontinence and chronic constipation.
- Mem Hermann Hlthcare Sys, Colon And Rectal Surgery; Orlando Reg Healthcare Sys, General Surgery
Dr. Sergio W. Larach, MD, FACS, FASCRS's Practice location
Orlando, FL 32804Get Direction
ORLANDO, FL 32825Get Direction
Orlando, FL 32804Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sergio W. Larach, MD, FACS, FASCRS | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sergio W. Larach, MD, FACS, FASCRS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Larach
Get to know Colorectal Surgeon Dr. Sergio W. Larach, who serves patients in Orlando and Kissimmee, Florida.
Dr. Larach is a world-renowned, board-certified colorectal surgeon whose interests include the whole spectrum of colorectal issues, including colon and rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, and ano-rectal diseases. He practices at Digestive and Liver Center of Florida in Orlando, Florida.
Digestive and Liver Center of Florida was founded to deliver the very best medical care in an environment that supports and comforts patients. With offices in East Orlando, Downtown Orlando, and Kissimmee, the state-of-the-art practice has been on the forefront of cutting-edge surgical treatment options that have changed the lives of patients, thereby garnering international recognition.
A pioneer in performing laparoscopic surgical procedures, Dr. Larach recently developed the TAMIS procedure for the treatment of rectal tumors. He is a part of the Division of Colorectal Surgery of the Endo-Surgical Center of Florida, where he provides additional access to patients in need of highly specialized colorectal surgery. The Endo-Surgical Center of Florida is a part of Digestive and Liver Center of Florida.
In addition to being a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Central Florida and a Clinical Associate Professor at Florida State University, he serves as a reviewer for Surgical Endoscopy Technique in ColoProctology, and Annals of Coloproctology. Throughout his career, he has held multiple professional appointments, including Program Director of Orlando Regional and Florida Hospital’s Colon and Rectal Fellowship Program.
Dr. Larach’s acclaimed career in medicine began in 1968 when he earned his medical degree from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Chile. Thereafter, he relocated to the United States to complete his fellowship at the University of Texas Medical School.
A Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, he is board-certified in colon and rectal surgery by the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery (ABCRS). The ABCRS is a member of the American Board of Medical Specialties that issues certificates for practitioners of colorectal surgery.
Having published numerous articles on colon and rectal surgery, conducted clinical research, and authored book chapters in his specialty, Dr. Larach has been selected as a “Top Doctor in Orlando” by Orlando Magazine for several years.
Colorectal surgery is a field of medicine dealing with disorders of the rectum, anus, and colon. The field is also known as proctology; however, this term is now used infrequently within medicine and is most often employed to identify practices relating to the anus and rectum in particular. As a colorectal surgeon, Dr. Larach specializes in the preoperative, operative, and postoperative care of patients with colorectal disorders.
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Colonoscopy: What to Expect During Recovery
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure, wherein the rectum and the large intestine are checked. You do not need to stay overnight at the hospital or clinic unless your doctor needs to have additional tests done or needs you to be monitored for a short while.A colonoscopy can be used to identify...
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Dr. Harvey Allen Shub M.D.308 Groveland St Orlando FL 32804
- Dr. Matthew Ross Albert MD661 E Altamonte Dr Altamonte Springs FL 32701
- Dr. Alice E. Lee MD7301 Stonerock Cir Orlando FL 32819
- Dr. Victor Luis Modesto M.D.7806 Lake Underhill Rd Orlando FL 32822
- Dr. Osama Bisher Atallah MD242 Loch Lomond Dr Winter Park FL 32792
- Dr. Eduardo Parra-davila M.D.410 Celebration Pl Kissimmee FL 34747