Dr. Stephen Freeman MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO, 80045
Dr. Stephen Freeman is a gastroenterologist practicing in Aurora, CO. Dr. Freeman specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Freeman performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Ar Coll of Med, Little Rock Ar 1974
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 2001
- Crohn's Disease
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Tripler Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Tripler Army Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Wilford Hall Medical Center (AETC) Military Only Program
Dr. Stephen Freeman MD's Practice location
Dr. Stephen Freeman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Freeman
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is actually a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous...
- Stomach Ulcers: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment
An ulcer in the stomach is primarily a result of an infection that occurs due to a germ which is known as Helicobacter pylori or H. pylori. This germ is a bacteria that triggers an infection in the digestive system. Usually, medications which are mainly acid suppressants take about four to eight...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Orange Poop: A Sign of Celiac Disease?
Children play what they like wherever they want. Likewise, they are known to eat anything that they can get their hands on. Kids are known to possess such curious, impulsive, and playful traits, which can be tolerated by most. Yet, when they feel unwell, things are never okay; like this one instance...
- Natural Laxatives That Work: Best Natural Laxatives
What is a natural laxative?A laxative can be in the form of a food, drink, oil, and compound. It may not necessarily be medication only. A laxative induces bowel movement and loosens the stool. If the source is natural, then it is considered as a natural laxative.In constipation, the bowel movement...
- Avoid Delaying Acute Ulcerative Colitis Surgery, Study Says
The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting presented data that showed postoperative complications and longer hospital stays were more common in patients with acute ulcerative colitis, for whom surgery was postponed. Ira Leeds, general surgery resident of the...
- Robert Matthew Reveille16037 W Ellsworth Lane Golden Colorado 80401
- Dr. Erik J Pieramici M.D10103 Ridgegate Pkwy Lone Tree CO 80124
- Dr. Stuart Kevin Amateau MD, PHD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Joel S Levine MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Mary A Kovalak MD88 Inverness Cir E Englewood CO 80112
- Dr. John S Goff M.D.7000 W Colfax Ave Denver CO 80214