Dr. James Cunningham is a general surgeon practicing in Melbourne, FL. Dr. Cunningham specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Cunningham provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1980
New York Medical College 1981
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 1980
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Skin Cancer
- Colon Polyps
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Vascular Disease
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. James Anthony Cunningham M.D.'s Practice location
Melbourne, FL 32940Get Direction
Dr. James Anthony Cunningham M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Incisional Hernia: Get the Facts
An incisional hernia arises when abdominal tissue begins to poke through a soft spot in the wall of the abdomen. This type of hernia only occurs as the result of the incision made in a prior abdominal surgery. An incisional hernia may be the result of poor healing, infection, or technical problems a...
- Is There A Link Between Erectile Dysfunction And Prostate Cancer?
Is There A Link Between Erectile Dysfunction And Prostate Cancer?Being diagnosed with prostate cancer creates a sense of confusion and fear in many men. It is a condition that causes the growth unwanted cells on the prostate gland. The prostate gland is a gland located around the urethra. It is...
- What Is Lipoma: Causes, Lipoma Removal, and What’s Involved?
What is a lipoma?Lipoma is the most common benign tissue tumor that occurs in almost 1 percent of the population. A lipoma consists of mature fat cells. Typically, a lipoma is enclosed by a thin fibrous capsule. Usually, lipomas develop superficially under the skin, but they can also occur anywhere...
- What to Expect if You Need a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure done in a private room, in which the inside of the large intestine, (colon and rectum), is examined. This procedure is normally used to evaluate gastrointestinal symptoms, such as rectal and intestinal bleeding, abdominal pain, or changes in bowel habits....
- Appendicitis and Appendectomy
Health care personnel can identify many cases of appendicitis by checking the patient's medical history and then doing a physical examination of the individual.The health care personnel will ask questions like:...
- 5 Ways to Stay Comfortable After a Gallbladder Surgery
Gallbladder SurgeryGallbladder removal surgery is one of the most commonly performed surgeries. The procedure is also known as a cholecystectomy. Gallbladder surgery is usually performed to solve problems that are associated with gallstones. Gallstones are hardened deposits of the digestive fluid...
- Dr. Diego Velarde MD7125 Murrell Rd Melbourne FL 32940
- Dr. Jose G Mejia MD1421 Malabar Rd Ne Palm Bay FL 32907
- Dr. Aleksander Richard Komar MD2200 W Eau Gallie Blvd Melbourne FL 32935
- Dr. Mark Raymond Hanley M.D.655 S APOLLO BLVD MELBOURNE FL 32901
- Dr. Jeremy Saul Weinberger M.D.1223 GATEWAY DR STE 2B MELBOURNE FL 32901
- Dr. Ernest Block MD1350 S Hickory St Melbourne FL 32901