Dr. Gary Cecchi M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology2001 Dwight Way Berkeley CA, 94704
Dr. Gary Cecchi is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Berkeley, CA. Dr. Cecchi specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1979
Tufts University School of Medicine 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- City Of Hope Natl Med Ctr, Hematology-Internal Medicine City Of Hope Natl Med Ctr, Medical Oncology Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Internal Medicine
- City Hope Hospital 1980
- Children's National Medical Center Program
Dr. Gary Cecchi M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Gary Cecchi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cecchi
Dr. Cecchi attended Tufts University Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, where he graduated with his Medical Degree, giving him over three decades of experience in his field. After obtaining his Medical Degree Dr. Cecchi completed his internship and residency with the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine. Following his internship and residency, he undertook his fellowship with the City of Hope National Medical Center. Dr. Cecchi is board certified in Hematology, Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Medical Oncology. Dr. Cecchi currently practices with Sutter Health, and is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical. Within Sutter Health, he practices medicine specializing in Hematology and Medical Oncology. Dr. Cecchi specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and/or prevention of blood diseases and cancers such as iron-deficiency anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. This physician is trained in hematology — the study of blood — and oncology — the study of cancer.
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Teen Treated for Lymphoma to Play College Baseball
Whether it’s the Dodgers or the Red Sox or the local high school team, they’re called ‘the boys of summer’.While summer is when the teams begin competitive play, they are very much the boys of spring as well.The temperature might be cool, but the air is sweet with promise.The players pull...
- How Immunotherapy Makes a Real Difference in Relapsed Hodgkin Lymphoma
Hodgkin lymphoma, which affects about 0.2% of the people in the United States, is often treated using a combination of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and stem cell transplant. Sometimes these treatments fail to halt the progress of the disease, and in other cases the cancer seems to halt but then...
- 'Robocop' Stem Cells Developed to Fight Cancer
Cancer is the second-leading cause of death in the United States, although due to several advancements in cancer screening and treatment, survival rates have begun to improve.A new cancer therapyResearchers at the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic have developed a new type of cancer therapy...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Life Lessons After Multiple Misdiagnoses of Lymphoma
28-year-old Jessica DeCristofaro had been coughing persistently and she was told by her doctor that it was a result of allergies. She even took medication for her supposed allergies over the course of two years. When the medication failed to improve her persistent cough, another doctor diagnosed her...
- Dr. Ostap G Melnyk MD13847 E 14th St San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Uma Suryadevara MD2001 DWIGHT WAY BERKELEY CA 94704
- Dr. Joseph Andrew Mollick M.D.1900 SULLIVAN AVEUNE DALY CITY CA 94015
- Dr. Vandana Raman MD500 Lennon Ln Walnut Creek CA 94598
- Dr. Robert William Weber MD1800 SULLIVAN AVE DALY CITY CA 94015
- Dr. Yelena Krupitskaya M.D.2571 Park Ave Concord CA 94520