Brian Gay, MD
Radiologist | Diagnostic Radiology1980 Friendship Rd Suite 102 Hoschton GA, 30548
Dr. Brian Gay is a radiologist with a fellowship in MRI. He and his wife Eileen Javellana, an internist, have 4 children and live in Gainesville, Georgia.
Dr. Gay began his career in 1998 with Gainesville Radiology Associates in Gainesville, Georgia as the director of MRI for Northeast Georgia Medical center. In 2004, he formed Lanier Imaging Specilists. In 2017 he opened First Look MRI with centers in Braselton, Brookhaven, and Alpharetta, Geogia.
For informational videos on MRI, visit the First Look MRI Youtube channel.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1993
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Brian Gay, MD's Expert Contributions
By Brian Gay, MDHealthcare insurance has evolved very differently than home or car insurance, with benefits typically paid for by the employer. The consumer who is ultimately paying ironically has little control and no free market exists to drive innovation, increase choices, increase quality, and...
By Brian P. Gay, MDAs a nation, we agree on one thing (and probably just one thing) regardless of our political affiliation, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age. Our healthcare system is broken. It is complex, expensive, and unsustainable. The United States spends about 18% of its...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Owner First Look MRI 2017 - Present
- Owner Lanier Imaging Specialists 2004 - Present
- Outstanding resident in Radiology 1995 Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI
- Outstanding resident in Radiology 1996 Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI
- Outstanding resident in Radiology 1997 Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI
- American Medical Association
- Hall County Medical Society
- Radiological Society of North America
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Embracing Life Fund
Areas of research
Musical Vision - Auditory vision for the blind.
Brian Gay, MD's Practice location
Hoschton, GA 30548Get Direction
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009Get Direction
Brookhaven, Georgia 30341Get Direction
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Scott M Stephen MD1250 Jesse Jewell Pkwy Se Gainesville GA 30501
- Trevor Norris Hooper M.D.1250 Jesse Jewell Pkwy Se Gainesville GA 30501
- Kimberely J Windham-cope MD200 W ACADEMY STREET GAINESVILLE GA 30501
- Julie Pardue Presley M.D.1250 Jesse Jewell Pkwy Se Gainesville GA 30501
- Aurora J. Peacock MD1000 MEDICAL CENTER BLVD LAWRENCEVILLE GA 30046
- Neal Frenkel MD1000 Medical Center Blvd Lawrenceville GA 30045