Dr. Philip Wackel is a pediatrician practicing in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Wackel is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Wackel diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Wackel can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Philip L Wackel's Practice location
Gainesville, FL 32601Get Direction
ROCHESTER, MN 55905Get Direction
Philip L Wackel's reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatments for Mumps
Mumps is a contagious viral infection that is easily transferred from one individual to another through contact with infected respiratory secretions. It’s caused by a virus referred to as paramyxovirus. Mostly, it attacks the parotid glands, which surround the angle of your jaw right below your...
- What Is Jaundice: Get the Facts
Jaundice is the yellowish color that often appears on the skin of newborns. This condition develops when bilirubin builds up in the baby’s blood. While pregnant, the mother’s liver gets rid of the infant’s bilirubin; however, after birth, the child’s liver eliminates the bilirubin on its...
- When to Seek Medication for Jaundice in Newborn Babies
Jaundice usually appears about three days after birth and disappears by the time the baby is two weeks old. Premature babies are more prone to jaundice than the mature ones. This condition can also take 5-7 days to appear. It can also stretch up to 3 weeks. Jaundice also tends to last relatively...
- Century-Old Drug Could Be a New Approach to Autism Treatment
What is suramin?Suramin is a drug that was developed about 100 years ago to treat parasite-borne illnesses such as African sleeping sickness and river blindness. The drug has been around since then, and is actually relatively cheap to manufacture and distribute. A single one-month dose to treat one...
- Do I Have the Mumps?
The mumps is a highly contagious airborne viral infection, which manifests in a specific shape of the face and neck. The causing agent is the virus of mumps (paramyxovirus). Timely vaccination (MMR) is the best way to prevent complications that arise in 95% of cases. The mumps virus can be...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Dr. Marilyn C. Dumont-Driscoll MD1701 SW 16th Avenue Gainsville Florida 32608
- Richard BucciarelliBox 100296 Gainesville Florida 32610
- Vishwas S. Sakhalkar1600 SW Archer Road Gainesville Florida 32610
- Mrs. Amy Amundson Smith MD1600 SW Archer Road Gainesville Florida 32610
- Dr. Abdussalam Cheema M.D.7008 Little River Tpke Annandale VA 22003
- Dr. Maria N Kelly MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610