Dr. Thomas Fiala specializes exclusively in cosmetic plastic surgery. He is Board-Certified in plastic surgery, and has additional Fellowship training in Aesthetic Surgery. Specialties include: facelift, tummy tuck, cosmetic breast surgery and liposuction.
Dr. Fiala is a Past President of the Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons, and a voluntary member of faculty at the College of Medicine, University of Central Florida. He is active in both ASPS and ASAPS with committee work on Lasers & Energy Based Devices, and Patient Safety, and also serves on the In-Service Exam committee.
He is active in patient education, and is a member of the realself.com "Hall of Fame". Dr. Fiala has been voted "top Plastic Surgeon" in Orlando by readers of Orlando Magazine 5 times in the past 6 years.
For more information, please check out our practice website: www.PlasticSurgeryinFlorida.com
Education and Training
Queen’s University B.A. Biochemistry 1985
Queen’s University M.D. 1988
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS- General- 1999
- What do patients want? Technical quality versus functional quality: a literature review for plastic surgeons.
- Pseudoangiomatous Stromal Hyperplasia: A Rare Cause of Idiopathic Gigantomastia.
- The effects of rigid fixation on craniofacial growth of rhesus monkeys.
- Microfixation of acute orbital fractures.
- Augmentation mammoplasty: results of a patient survey.
- Bacterial clearance capability of living skin equivalent, living dermal equivalent, saline dressing, and xenograft dressing in the rabbit.
- Update: lifting the malar fat pad for correction of prominent nasolabial folds.
- Use of the Mitek fixation device in endoscopic browlifting.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Owsley Fellowship Recipient Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Best Overall Poster PresentationPSEF Senior Residents Meeting
- Merck Frost Resident Award for Teaching ExcellenceCanadian Association of General Surgeons
- MGH/Harvard University Research Fellowship Harvard Medical School
- National Science & Engineering Research Council Undergraduate ResearchQueen's University
- Tummy Tuck
- Mommy Makeover
- Fat Transfer
- Breast Augmentation (breast Implants)
- Breast Augmentation (fat Transfer & Implants)
- Breast Lift
- Breast Lift And Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision
- Chemical Peels
- Chin & Cheek Implants
- Eyelid Lift
- Forehead Lift
- Laser Resurfacing
- Neck Lift
- Capsular Contracture Correction
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Implant Corrective Revision
- Thigh (Leg) Lift
- Brachioplasty (arm Lift)
- Professional MemberAmerican Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Professional MemberFlorida Medical Association
- Professional MemberReed O. Dingman Plastic Surgery Society
- Professional MemberAmerican Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Professional Member The Better Business Bureau
- Professional Member American Board of Plastic Surgery
- FellowAmerican College of Surgeons
- LicentiateThe Medical Council of Canada 1988
- FellowRoyal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Massachusetts General Hospital General Surgery
- University of Michigan Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 1996
- Ucla Medical Center General Surgery 1990
- Ucsf/Davies Medical Center Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 1997
Dr. Thomas G.s. Fiala MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Thomas G.s. Fiala MD | Plastic Surgeon | Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Thomas G.s. Fiala MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fiala
- What Are the Different Types of Plastic Surgeries?
What is plastic surgery?Plastic surgery refers to a medical procedure performed to alter the structure of a human body. In most cases, plastic surgery is performed with the objective to improve a specific structure or functioning of the body.Plastic surgery mainly involves the reconstruction,...
- Fat May Return After Liposuction
According to a new study published in the journal, Obesity, the fat lost by liposuction — the most popular fat removal cosmetic procedure — returns after the procedure. Researcher Robert H. Eckel, MD, professor of medicine, physiology and biophysics at the University of Colorado Anschutz...
- What are the Side Effects of Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is a type of operation that involves the alteration of human tissue with the purpose of modifying the appearance. There are different types of plastic surgery. Each of these surgeries focuses on a certain part of the body.All of these types of plastic surgery are performed by...
- How Effective are Facelifts?
Facelift surgery is a cosmetic procedure that is known for reducing the age-related changes on skin, including wrinkles and sagging. Also known as rhytidectomy, this procedure is a very popular method for making one look younger. In this method, skin is repositioned after the tissues have been...
- Everything You Need to Know About Breast Augmentation
What is breast augmentation?Breast augmentation is a surgery that restores or increases breast volume using saline implants, silicone gel or fat transfer.Augmentation mammoplasty is another term for breast augmentation.Breast augmentation will:...
- Alternatives Used to Treat Acne Scars
Dermal FillersDermal fillers are used to improve the appearance of scars that have recessed. Common substances that are used as fillers and injected into the scars include collagen, hyaluronic acid, and fat. However, in order to maintain this look, you need to have injections repeatedly unless you...