Dr. John David Horowitz MD
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery10000 West Colonial Dr Suite 495 Ocoee FL, 34761
Dr. John Horowitz is a vascular surgeon practicing in Ocoee, FL. Dr. Horowitz specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Horowitz diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1986
Temple University School of Medicine 1986
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Resolution of ST-segment elevation following intravenous administration of nitroglycerin and verapamil.
- Detecting early clinical deterioration in chronic heart failure patients
- Home-based intervention in congestive heart failure: long-term implications on readmission and survival.
- The coronary slow flow phenomenon--a new coronary microvascular disorder.
- Association of aortic stenosis with platelet hyperaggregability and impaired responsiveness to nitric oxide.
- Specialist nurse management programmes: economic benefits in the management of heart failure.
- Myocardial uptake and biochemical and hemodynamic effects of ACE inhibitors in humans.
- Amelioration of nitrate tolerance: matching strategies with mechanisms.
- Pilot study examining the effect of cholesterol lowering on platelet nitric oxide
- Coronary hemodynamic and metabolic studies of the coronary slow flow phenomenon.
- Mibefradil: "Has the baby been thrown out with the bath water?".
- Usefulness of tachycardic-stress perfusion imaging to predict coronary artery disease in high-risk patients with chronic renal failure.
- Survival after myocardial revascularization for ischemic cardiomyopathy: a prospective ten-year follow-up study.
- The role of endothelin in mediating ischemia/hypoxia-induced atrial natriuretic peptide release.
- Influence of the endothelium on ex vivo tolerance and metabolism of glyceryl trinitrate in rat aorta.
- Varicose Veins
- Venous Insufficiency
- Birth Defects
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
Dr. John David Horowitz MD's Practice location
Ocoee, FL 34761Get Direction
Dr. John David Horowitz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Horowitz
- How are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
Blood from body organs is transported to the heart via blood vessels, or veins. Organs use oxygen to function, and they discharge blood that has been used that contains waste products like carbon dioxide. The veins then take the blood to the heart and back to the lungs, where the carbon dioxide is...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Dr. David Varnagy MD2501 N Orange Ave Orlando FL 32804
- Dr. Ralph P Ierardi MD410 CELEBRATION PL STE 302 CELEBRATION FL 34747
- Dr. Michael J Muehlberger MD80 West Michigan Street Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Charles S. Thompson MD80 West Michigan Street Orlando FL 32806
- Mr. Joseph Patrick Austin M.D.77 W Underwood St Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Hugo Vincent Hart MD1128 Cypress Glen Cir Kissimmee FL 34741