Dr. Lyle R Munn M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology1190 N State Road 49 Chesterton IN, 46304
Dr. Lyle Munn is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Chesterton, IN. Dr. Munn specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1969
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Dr. Lyle R Munn M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Lyle R Munn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Munn
- The Promising Future of Gene Therapy and Lymphoma
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma affects over 700,000 people in America alone. Though current treatments are moderately effective, especially for aggressive forms of the disease, more can be done to help people impacted by NHL. Researchers are doing just that by working to develop new, innovative treatment for...
- How to Show Social Support for Lymphoma
A cancer diagnosis can shake an individual’s world, and not just the physical aspects of their world, but all corners of it. Although cancer attacks the body, it necessarily also affects a person’s mental and emotional state, and it can have an impact on other people close to the affected...
- Roles of the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) is a nonprofit, cancer advocacy organization that is located just outside of Washington D.C. To date, it is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States.The NCCS represents millions of Americans who share a common...
- What are the Stages of Multiple Myeloma?
This is the uncommon type of cancer that forms in plasma cells. A type of white blood cells found in the body, plasma cells, identify and battle germs and infections that attack the body.In multiple myeloma patients, the healthy plasma cells are overtaken by cancer cells. This reduces the number of...
- How This Survivor Star Beat Hodgkin Lymphoma—Twice
Ethan Zohn is a survivor in many ways. In 2002, he outlasted 15 fiercely strong competitors on the popular TV show, Survivor: Africa. His strength, wit, athleticism, and perseverance won him a million-dollar prize after he defeated these opponents. However, his victory was short-lived. Little did he...
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- Dr. Eduardo Braun M.D.1668 S US HIGHWAY 421 WESTVILLE IN 46391
- Dr. Olusola Ogundipe M.D.2600 Roosevelt Rd Valparaiso IN 46383
- Dr. Murugavel M Muthusamy M.D.2600 Roosevelt Rd Valparaiso IN 46383
- Dr. Mary Y Klein M.D.85 E US HIGHWAY 6 STE 200 VALPARAISO IN 46383
- Dr. Alan Tan M.D.200 E 89th Ave Merrillville IN 46410
- Masood Ghouse Other85 E Us Highway 6 Valparaiso IN 46383