Dr. Jeffrey Mathews is a Dentist practicing in Nashville, TN. Dr. Mathews specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dr. Mathews has extensive experience in cosmetic dentistry. Treatments include cosmetic veneers, dental implants, and comprehensive smile makeovers.
Dr. Jeffrey W. Mathews D.D.S's Expert Contributions
You could have a large cavity that is approaching the nerve in the tooth, thus requiring a root canal. You may have just temporarily traumatized the tooth (bit down on something hard, clinching your teeth at night), but actually not damaged the tooth, and this is reversible, meaning that your symptoms will resolve. I would recommend that you see a dentist. Hope this helps. READ MORE
Tooth pain, swelling of the gums or face, could be a sign of an abscessed tooth. Once the tooth is abscessed, it is important to remove the infection. The infection must be physically removed either by means of a root canal (saving the tooth) or by removing the tooth. The key to not getting an abscess is regular check ups. The most common form of tooth abscess starts from a small cavity, when these cavities are small they generally do not hurt and go undetected. Therefore, you must see a dental professional. You will save a lot of money with a routine check up and getting the tooth fixed before it abscesses. Hope that helps. READ MORE
The oral cavity is actually a great place for healing. Healing occurs better in the mouth than most places outside the body. As long as the area is clean there is a very low risk of infection. If infection does occur the area will have problems healing, likely look red and irritated, and probably be painful. READ MORE
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Tennessee Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, Tennessee Dental Association, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentistry from the heart; Started Free Dental Day in 2013
Hobbies / Sports
- Going to the Gym, Volunteering
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Dental Association
Dr. Jeffrey W. Mathews D.D.S's Practice location
Nashville, Tennessee 37203 Get Direction
goodlettsville, tn 37072 Get Direction
Jackson, TN 38301 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jeffrey W. Mathews D.D.S | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jeffrey W. Mathews D.D.S's reviewsWrite Review
- Taking Plavix and Root Canal Treatment
Generic Name: ClopidogrelBrand Name: PlavixWhat is Plavix?Plavix is a drug that prevents the platelets in the blood from sticking together, thereby avoiding the formation of blood clots. There can be unwanted cases of blood clots, which can occur in cases of heart diseases or blood vessel...
- Floss Your Teeth the Right Way
Alla Wheeler, RDH, MPA, associate professor of the Dental Hygiene Program at the New York University School of Dentistry, says that since the results of flossing are not immediate, most people do not think that the technique actually works.In reality, this is the best technique, as it does...
- Magnolia Bark Extract Prevents Bad Breath
According to the results of a study published in, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, magnolia bark extract contains chemicals that may prevent bad breath or halitosis. These compounds, called magnolol and honokiol, kill the bacteria that cause bad breath and cavities.In this study, nine...
- Wine May Prevent Cavities
Researchers from Italy's University of Pavia have revealed that red wine and white wine may fight against the bacteria that causes cavities. But the study was done invitro; it will be some time before this will be recommended as a method to prevent cavities.For this study, researchers used two types...
- What Do Bumps on the Roof of Your Mouth Mean?
IntroductionThe presence of bumps and lumps in the mouth is not something uncommon. You may have experienced them in the past, particularly on your lips, back of the throat, or tongue. There are various things that can cause the formation of bumps on the roof of your mouth, but most of them are...
- Are Dental Crowns Useful?
What is Dental Crowns?A dental crown, or a tooth crown, is a tooth-shaped sleeve, or cap, made of porcelain or metal, that is placed over the tooth. Crowns are utilized to restore the shape and size of a tooth. When implanted properly, the porcelain caps cover the crown of the tooth that is visible...
- Dr. Donald E. Cox DDS 5651 Frist Blvd Nashville TN 37076
- Dr. Jeffrey Russell Yost D.D.S. 100 Cool Springs Blvd Franklin TN 37067
- Dr. Alireza Allen Blourchian DDS 155 Covey Dr. Franklin TN 37067
- Dr. Nathan Andrew Murrell D.M.D 2211 Crestmoor Rd Nashville TN 37215
- Dr. Clayton C. Cummings D.D.S. 2405 Crestmoor Road Nashville TN 37215
- Dr. Robert Keith Thetford DDS 2145 Belcourt Avenue Nashville TN 37212