Dr. John-Paul Mead, MD is one of the country's top ranked doctors, specializing in hospitalist and internal medicine. MD Mead currently practices medicine at Ithaca, New York. Dr. Mead is a graduate of ...
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1998
New York University School of Medicine 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Chronic Pain
- Opiate Dependence
- Vascular Disease
- Cambridge Hp/Cambridge Hlth Al, Internal Medicine
- Cambridge Hp/Cambridge Health Al
- Cambridge Hospital- Internal Medicine
- Cambridge Health Alliance Program
Dr. John-paul Daniel Mead M.D.'s Practice location
Ithaca, NY 14850Get Direction
ITHACA, NY 14850Get Direction
Dr. John-paul Daniel Mead M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mead
- Low Testosterone Levels May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Low levels of testosterone may increase the chances of bone fractures due to osteoporosis in men over 60-years-old, according to a study published in the journal, Archives of Internal Medicine. Osteoporosis, characterized by thinning of bones, and can occur in men with hormonal deficiencies.“One...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Exercises to Avoid
Life can be difficult for someone with RA, for sure. The pain and stiffness you feel during flare-ups are only part of the difficulty. Trouble sleeping, stress, worry, fatigue, and isolation can add to the troubles one has to deal with. While it is true that certain exercises and movements can help...
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- How is Laser Skin Resurfacing Useful?
Laser resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure that removes layers of the skin, and allows new skin to take its place. The new skin is supposed to look more youthful. In this technique, a short pulsating stream of laser is focused on the uneven skin. It is also known by other names including laser peel,...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Martin Stallone MD/MBA101 Dates Dr Ithaca NY 14850
- Dr. Douglas D Macqueen MD16 Brentwood Dr Ithaca NY 14850
- Dr. Candice M Oliver D.O.101 Dates Dr Ithaca NY 14850
- Dr. Peter Hannon DO101 Dates Dr Ithaca NY 14850
- Dr. Fred Wayne Frankenberg M.D.101 DATES DR ITHACA NY 14850
- Dr. Gayatri Jayaraman MD201 DATES DR ITHACA NY 14850