Brian Wong M.D.
Neurologist (Pediatric) | Neurodevelopmental Disabilities4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA, 90027
Dr. Brian Wong is a child neurologist practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Wong specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children from birth to young adulthood. With combined understanding of childhood illness and the special needs of each individual child and their family, Dr. Wong is able to help each patient improve the status of their health. Conditions such as seizures, delayed speech, weakness or frequent headaches are treated by child neurologists.
Brian Wong M.D.'s Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90027Get Direction
- Chronic Inflammation May Enhance Sustained Delivery of New Muscular Dystrophy Therapy
The Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is a genetic disorder that is accompanied by symptoms of progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. Duchenne muscular dystrophy is caused by the absence of dystrophin, a protein that is responsible for keeping muscles cells intact, and accounts for one of the nine...
- A Great Resource for Muscular Dystrophy Patients and Caregivers
There is a group of diseases which fall into the ‘neuromuscular disorders’ category and that are characterized by symptoms which, either directly or indirectly, impair the functioning of the muscles. The direct effect would be via the pathology of the voluntary muscle itself, while the indirect...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Links Between Shortened Telomeres and Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), is a disease that affects children and is one of the nine forms of Muscular Dystrophy (MD). Duchenne usually presents in early childhood between the ages of three and five, and although girls can be affected, it is more prevalent in boys. The disease affects 1 in...
- Infant Botulism: Causes and Treatment
What is infant botulism?Infant botulism is a serious illness in babies when they ingest Clostridium botulinum, a type of bacteria that produce harmful toxins in the body. The illness causes breathing problems and muscle weakness. However, this condition is quite rare. Each year, less than 100 infant...
- CRISPR Could be the Possible Cure for Muscular Dystrophy
How about technology that could offer a “cut and paste” or just a “delete” solution to all genetic mutations, defects, and resulting disorders? Well, that may sound too much to ask for, an oversimplification, but it is exactly what many scientific researchers in the field of genetic modeling...
- Dr. Raman Sankar M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Joyce Ying-chen Wu M.D.10833 Le Conte Avenue Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Jason T Lerner M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Christopher Giza M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Michele Marie Van hirtum-das M.D.4650 W SUNSET BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90027
- Dr. William Shields M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095