Dr. Paul Ogburn is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Port Jefferson, NY. Dr. Ogburn specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Ogburn can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Ogburn can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
University of North Carolina Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry 1970
University of North Carolina School of Medicine medical degree 1973
obstetrics and gynecology
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Professor within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences University at Buffalo -
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the American Medical Society, the Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- International Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy, the New York Academy of Science, the New York Perinatal Society, the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Mayo Surgical Society, the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the New York State Perinatal Society
- University of Minnesota Medical Center obstetrics and gynecology 1978
- University of Minnesota Medical Center (1978)
- University of North Carolina maternal-fetal medicine 1980
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1980)
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Medical Society, Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, American Association for the Advancement of Science, International Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy, New York Academy of Science, New York Perinatal Society, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, Mayo Surgical Society, International Society of Ultrasound in O
Dr. Paul L. Ogburn, MD's Practice location
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Get Direction
Buffalo, NY 14203Get Direction
BUFFALO, NY 14221Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Paul L. Ogburn, MD | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Maternal & Fetal Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Paul L. Ogburn, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ogburn
- Treating PCOS With Progestin Decreases the Chances of Pregnancy
PCOS is a common medical problem faced by women. It is usually caused by an imbalance in reproductive hormones. This imbalance can lead to problems in the ovaries. In a normal state, the ovaries make the egg and release it every month as part of a healthy menstrual cycle, however, for those with...
- What Is Estarylla?
Estarylla is a combination hormone medication, which contains progestin (norgestimate) and estrogen (ethinyl estradiol). It is used to prevent pregnancy by inhibiting ovulation (release of an egg during a woman's menstrual period). It also prevents the sperm to reach the egg by making the vaginal...
- Are There Routine Checks for Ovarian Cancer?
Ovarian cancer is the most common cause of death among gynecologic types of cancer. The most common risk factors for ovarian cancer are:...
- Low-Dose Aspirin May Cut Ovarian Cancer Risk
Aspirin, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, can help with many health problems. It can reduce fever, ease pain, and even prevent a heart attack or stroke. For some time now researchers have looked into the connection between aspirin and cancer prevention. ...
- What to Expect After Gastric Bypass Surgery: Results
Gastric bypass surgery is a method that can help an individual to lose weight by means of changing how the stomach and small intestine deal with the food consumed. After surgery, the stomach is much smaller than before. In addition, the food eaten will no longer pass into some regions of the stomach...
- Top Uses of Finasteride
Finasteride is an oral prescription medication in the form of film-coated tablets. It is available as a generic drug and under the brand names Propecia and Proscar. Although generic drugs are cheaper than brand-name drugs, their availability may be limited when it comes to their form or strength...
- Dr. Rayme L. Shore M.D.326 West Main Street Milford CT 06460
- James R. Stelling2500 Nesconset Hwy Stony Brook NY 11790
- Dr. Bernardita T. Lazo M.D.2330 Union Blvd. Islip New York 11751
- Dr. Karen Moriarty Morris M.D.180 E PULASKI RD HUNTINGTON STATION NY 11746
- Kay Kourounis Dohr1 New Haven Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460
- Paul Louis Lograno Other118 N Country Rd Port Jefferson NY 11777